C+ ECM weekend mania

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Oct-01 AT 11:15 AM (GMT)]Found this at http://www.sat-2000.com

"C+ France have been very busy over the weekend . The have implemented Ecm's to Gold boxes and Aston cams . One of the ECM's checks for more than 2 providers and will not allow decoding if there are more in the viewing card. Another hit has been confirmed with auto update cards as they have been sending false keys and incorrect dates to the cards. This will cause the picture to flash on and off every time an incorrect key is downloaded. Interestingly many official French customers have also been affected with widespread reports of picture lock up and freezing especially during the US Grand Prix yesterday . Italian customers have also complained with similar problems. "

I have some friends in France with original C+ cards who had the message "card not Valid" this weekend :)

Also read in a French magazine that C+ have planned to issue there 100 million customers new cards which use a different processor. The problem they have is that each new card will cost 100F about £10.. No date has been set as of yet but I'm sure it will happen.
C+ also said the mediaguard system is rubish. I think its a bit late for that now...lol

nobbly :+

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
100 million customers???
Shome mishtake shurely...

I think there's one-too-many zeros there.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Do you think I made a mistake buying an Aston 1.05 today, or will there still be things I can use it for for the forseable future?

Regards

W Hole

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I reckon there's still life in the old dog yet :)

If it only lasts for six or nine months it's still probably value for money and I'm sure someone will crack any new additions to the encryption.

rolf

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Oct-01 AT 09:32 AM (GMT)]Yes...its 10 million...thanks for that :)

nobbly :+