C0nax on 1W - possible with MM & Funcard?

T

the viewer

Regular Member
Messages
11
Likes
0
#1
Hi,

Is it possible to decrypt the above using a Magic and a Funcard? Or would I need to upgrade it to a MR? Or is it not possible at all...

regards
the viewer
 
M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
5,297
Likes
567
#2
Hi the viewer,
not possible at all, you could get a MII card which will work with MM Cam Penta 1.11. Otherwise just watch the channels your fun card will pick up using fun files.
Best wishes
Mickha
 
T

the viewer

Regular Member
Messages
11
Likes
0
#3
Mickha said:
Hi the viewer,
not possible at all, you could get a MII card which will work with MM Cam Penta 1.11. Otherwise just watch the channels your fun card will pick up using fun files.
Best wishes
Mickha
Ah, right, okay.

Just out of interest, why will it only work with Penta 1.11 and an MII card? The Readme I downloaded with my 6in1 claimed it worked with C*nax, and I thought Penta 1.09 could deal with it - have they changed something in the encryption?

Thanks for your patience, I am trying to learn more about this kind of thing so please bear with me.

regards
the viewer
 
M

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
5,297
Likes
567
#4
Hi the viewer,
I can only confirm it works with MM Penta 1.11, because that's what I've got my MM Cam set to, it could work with Penta 1.09, I just had to upgrade my MM to work with my Titanium card, when there were files available for that card.
Best wishes
Mickha
 
john_graydon

john_graydon

Regular Member
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#5
the viewer said:
Ah, right, okay.

Just out of interest, why will it only work with Penta 1.11 and an MII card? The Readme I downloaded with my 6in1 claimed it worked with C*nax, and I thought Penta 1.09 could deal with it - have they changed something in the encryption?

Thanks for your patience, I am trying to learn more about this kind of thing so please bear with me.

regards
the viewer
Hi Viewer
Could you not upgrade to penta 1.11, Is your magic enbedded or does it slide in or out in the CI slot. If embedded you will need a magic loader board to upgrade it or if its a cam type you could use the Cas2. Come back if you want to upgrade and we will try to help you out. I upgraded mine a while back, it was embedded.
 
D

DaDragon

Regular Member
Messages
45
Likes
0
#6
the viewer,
Hi mate,you can try flashing your magic cam to matrix if it has the toshiba chip,i used to have penta 1.11 on mine and used it with the m2 card,it worked fine but thought i would try Tps and Cabo as well.Now i have Matrix 1161 on there and everything is working great and the cam still reads the m2 as well.Hope this helps.
Regards DaDragon.
 
T

the viewer

Regular Member
Messages
11
Likes
0
#7
john_graydon said:
Hi Viewer
Could you not upgrade to penta 1.11, Is your magic enbedded or does it slide in or out in the CI slot. If embedded you will need a magic loader board to upgrade it or if its a cam type you could use the Cas2. Come back if you want to upgrade and we will try to help you out. I upgraded mine a while back, it was embedded.
Hi John,

It is a CI type, i.e. it slides in and out of the slot.

I initially put Penta 1.11 on it using a programming interface but this seemed to corrupt the whole thing, with an 'Invalid CI module' message being displayed by the box. I then obtained a CAS2 to reflash the CAM with Dreamload so I could put Pentacrypt back on, but while I was waiting for that to arrive I read somewhere that Penta 1.11 could knacker some MMs, especially if they were not original ones (mine has AMD memory - I'm not sure if that's an original one or not) so I opted for Penta 1.09 instead.

Cheers for the help

the viewer
 
Top