cabo 30degree west

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
hi guys have set my dish up but cant get cabo at 30d west how can i get this without loseing the other satilites i have got thanks guys :confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
From your profile you are motorised.

If you cant get any channels at all from 30W then your dish isnt adjusted right and thus isnt tracking the arc correctly

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Do you mean that you can't get Hispasat 30 west, or that you can receive satellite but not TV Cabo.
Remember TV Cabo is scrambled and not FTA.

den123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ddcccccc
My Location
uk
cant get cabo or hispasat but if i have tryed to move the motor with the reciver but no joy if i have to get up the ladder to ajust the dish will i lose all the the ones that i have got

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Well someone's going to have to adjust your dish because it seem's that your arc is not right.
Either get the dish adjusted properly or accept what you have.:)

leighpreece

Vintage Sat enthusiast!
Reaction score
Website
www.m5gwh.net
My Satellite Setup
90cm Dish. Dual Lemon LNB for 13E/19E. Twin Output Lemon LNB for 28.8E.
Samsung 9500 with 'alternative' firmware.
Couple of DigiBoxes. Amateur Radio station. Going Bald with a patient wife!
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK.
The arc is very important - and how you set it and on what satellite you do your original alignment.

Mounting pole/bracket must be dead vertical - use a spirit level then check with another. Then everything about your dish must be perfect - even the LNB arm, etc. The slightest misalignment and your screwed!

Then set your polar mount, etc, and any motor or jack arm to the 'middle' point (easier to do than explain) then find a bird around 1W and 'peak' for max signal either on a satellite install meter (a proper digital one not a useless meter) or good receiver, and then check the arc. You should be able to scan and find most satellites. Then go for 42E and see if its there. Same goes for 30W. You should find them - and if not, just do the slightest adjustment each time. Finally you should find all sats from 30W to 42E. Obviously this all changes depending where you are, what you can see in the sky due to footprints, etc, but you should have no real problems.

Few hours work and you're done - took me about that long and an extra hour just tweaking and checking.

Leigh....