Call back query on Sky box (multiroom)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Multiroom
I hope you can help me as I don't want to discover after the fact that I could have done it better or differently.

I'm also not sure in which forum I should be posting this so please excuse a newbie

This evening when I got home our Sky+ box wasn't receiving a signal. I phoned the sky techie who talked me through a few things and lo and behold everything worked out fine in the end.

The only other thing is that the techie asked me to do a call back on the two boxes. The Sky+ one I don't have a problem with, but the one that is the standard Sky box I do have a bit of a query over.

We don't get ITV1 in the Rep of Ireland but on this box we do under the Other Channels option. I don't want to lose this channel and am wondering if it is going to disappear if I perform this call back to Sky.

Anyone got any info or suggestions?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
It shouldn’t do, but it might disappear at some point by itself (extra channels have a habit of doing that) so you should know the frequencies to add it again in case http://www.satelliteonline.co.uk/itv_frequencies.htm has info on how to do it. (and a search on this forum or google will give you other guides)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Multiroom
Thanks for the response Polomint.

I think that Sky have a block on some channels being received in the Rep of Ireland and after getting ITV1 back on the standard box upstairs, I'd be really dissapointed if it disappeared after performing this task. I have the channel added to the Sky+ box downstairs but when I select it, I get the message "The programme is not available".

I think I'll wait and see what happens if I do nothing....;)