Calling All Nova-T Users!

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Can you answer YES to all these questions?

Do you have a SkyStar3 or Nova PCI / USB?

Do you have an Internet connection?

Do you (can you) use ProgDVB or MyTheatre?

Do you want FREE Top Up TV?

;)

keithwalton

Reaction score
I have the aformentioned hardware and working software, I also have a tutv subscription being used on a nokia stb, i'd like to get it going on the pc though

chris-c

Reaction score
Nick - Would be interested in having a play with this sometime :)

Pretty sure I understand what you're getting at (relaying card responses from a valid card to others over t'internet?).

Anyways, I'm familiar with ProgDVB from my satellite broadband days - any chance of a reply with some more details?

Cheers,

Chris.

RowanDDR

Reaction score
I have a nova-t also.. cant seem to send you a PM. More info please!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Don't get excited. You cannot get TUTV without a valid subscription card, although it has been reported that you can use your Phoenix programmer as a CAM for an existing card (as with some other cards I believe), such that you can view TUTV on your PC. Big deal when you can already watch it on your telly.

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I forgot to turn on reply notification and didn’t realise anyone was interested. :rolleyes:

Well I'd better explain myself then. Chris had the right idea, I was after some help beta testing a S*ca2 radegast CardServer. We got it working with all the Hauppauge / Nebula cards in the end and now with all DVB-T cards with BDA drivers.

BJonaSTICKS's quite right "You cannot get TUTV without a valid subscription card", you just don’t have to be in the same county, or pay for it! Now you can't do that with "your telly". :p

The server is down at the minute but I'll post the details when it's up and running again.

Cheers, Nick.
;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Be careful if you decide to share your own TUTV card (or any other original card) with someone you don't know. If the group is not 100% trustworthy, you may be leaving yourself (and your subscription) exposed.

STICK

NickE27

Reaction score
hey, just wondering if there's any news on this? I may be interested in giving it a try.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
We can now serve to any DVB-T Set Top Box with a card slot, all you need is a £10 season 2 interface and an online PC.

If anyone wants to help me test this setup please let me know,

Cheerz, Nick.
:cool:

UT666

Reaction score
Hello,

Nick - First of all thanks for all your efforts in news+howtos for TopUptv support and DVB-T pc cards...

If you need any more testers msg me..

got: Nebula Digitv + TSReader + SoftCam + OfflineDescrambler.

Was thinking of forking out for a phoenix interface + official card to try the "official" method. But might hang on to see if this method picks up...

thanks,
UT.

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
Hi, Can you give me a hand to test the server now?

Your PM seems to be knackered but if you can send me an email address I can send you the plug-ins and info you need.

Cheers,
Nick.
;)

wiggi

Reaction score
'Nick [D said:
Your PM seems to be knackered but if you can send me an email address I can send you the plug-ins and info you need.

Cheers,
Nick.
;)

heya, i thought about this a while ago, im guessing that your using some software to emulate the serial port?

I've currently got a linux pvr runing mythtv, witha nova-t if thats of any use, as well as an old ondigi box

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
wiggi said:
heya, i thought about this a while ago, im guessing that your using some software to emulate the serial port?

I've currently got a linux pvr runing mythtv, witha nova-t if thats of any use, as well as an old ondigi box

Thanks for the offer but I’m afraid I’ve finished testing for now, I’ll be posting a guide soon though.

You basically use a Phoenix interface to read the smartcard with a SoftCAM client on the PC or a passive Season interface to emulate the card in a standard set-top decoder.

I never really got to grips with MythTV but I know there is a radegast client for VDR[SC].

What model is that OnDigital box? Finding the right com settings for embedded cardreaders can be a real nightmare. If it has a common interface slot [that hasn’t been disabled] I know the AstonCrypt 1.05 CAM works a treat.

One last thought, the Netgem I-Player is very similar to the DreamBox [PowerPC running Linux] if some one could work out how to spoof the update hand-shake they could re-compile the kernel with the DreamBox cardsharing tools and use the NetGem’s network connection instead of using a season interface etc.

Cheers,
Nick
;)

talby

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hauppage NOVA-T 90002 with MythTV 0.19
My Location
Oxford,UK
Hi
First time poster, long time lurker ...
I am interested in getting Topup TV but not sure how to set it up with Linux. Does anyone have any links or docs for Phoenix and integrating with MythTV?

Also happy to help in any experiments!!!!
Cheers,

Nick -D-vB

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a linux noob I'm afraid but I know it can be done. There is a CAM emulation add-on for VDR called VDR SC [Soft CAM] It has a SECA2 phoenix emulator and I think it now has a season emulator, radegast and NewCAMd cardserver clients.

It can be used with Myth by way of a wrapper called SASC [Stand Alone Soft CAM] That's about all I know so have a look at these threads:

http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=28166

http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=33594

http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?t=33474

http://www.www.dvbsoft.net/download.php?view.488

Let me know how you get on,
Cheers, Nick