CAM cards........

dee

Reaction score
My system appears to be fine now but i have lots of channels that are encrypted using, Nagravision, mediaguard, Viaccess, Conax and Iredeto. My Echostar 808 2ci with embedded Viaccess sometimes decodes some multi-encryped channels(when viaccess is one of the encryption signal used).
Can anyone tell me how to get a card that will do wonders to this box and open a new world of satellite viewings.:-band

I have no idea what card to buy and how to go about it. I currently have the black Icecrypt which should have a life-time access to FREE X TV but this doesn't show either.
Please advice.:confused

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
A simple gold card in your VIA slot should get all VIA 1 channels...£4

A MR from the sponsor at the top of the page for your CI slot will get most of what is hacked..no card needed....£75/£80

As for the Icecrypt cam it should work....FreeX has changed Freq lately, try a rescan or bring it back.

dee

Reaction score
Thanks Razor. Am a bit lost here as am all new to the satellite game. What is a Gold card? I have a Fun4 card in the CAM slot (as supplied by my installer).

As for the MR, i read somewhere in the forum that i will need to have a titanium card and re-program to enjoy the full benefits. I am not technical at all and any help in explaining will be appreciated.
For the free X channel, I have rescanned and still no luck. do u thing its a dodgy cam?
Please advice.