cam for cyfra+ channels inc hd ones

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
i've looking for a seca/mediaguard cam for my cyfra+ card and not sure which to get.

i've seen the aston cam and astoncrypt ones but not sure which is best, as it need to work with my cyfra+ card which I think is seca 3.

is there any that is hd compatible ones as I do have the hd channels on cyfra which the diablo cam with horizon 1.04 will read the card but will just not update it which is the problem.

also the astoncrypt cams on various sat shops there is v2.0, v2.23 anyone know the latest version ?

thanks

wod

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
2.23 is the latest version sorry i didnt see this post earlier ;) ..cheers

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
It's not ideal but everytime I need to update the card I get out my spare tm1500, which has no problems updating the card.

It's just the patched vantage receiver will read the card but just not update it for some reason.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Avoid the bloody old Aston CAM's that are kicking about the sat shops with the black label these dont work with the new cards, I have one of these from "back in the day" there is a branded "Cyfra+" CAM made by SMC that is about £50 but it can only really be bought from Poland & is hard to find for it being the official operators CAM. The only other one is the (Been about for 24 months now, but its still the "New" one in revision terms) new Aston SECA CAM that has a built in LED on the bottom right hand side of the AM that lights up when its inserted & working correctly is about £100 from any dealer, stuff that. I use my Cyfra+ in my Technomate 6800HD+ & as you said it updates it fine.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
85 quid delivered from Germany via DHL is cheapest I could find the Aston one, not what you could call cheap by any means but hey.