CAM help needed [diablo, dragon, matrix, cas 3]...!

sam2441983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
living in norway,
toshiba HDTV with CAM slot,
STB with no CAM,
trying to get Canal Digital,
TV lists all encrypted channels with no pic or sound
My Location
norway
hi to all,
i am new to the world of CAM and CAS,
my TV has a CAM slot and it lists many channels which are encrypted , MY STP does not has CAM,...
i wonder what are the things that i need to have and how to get them, to be able to unlock these channels...
i see that the DIABLO CAM is pretty recommended on this site, my Laptop has a PCMCIA slot,
do i need a CAS3 programmer and a smart-card.
any advice and instructions are appreciated very much.

CHEERS.

colinp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m motorised qualitv decoder manhatten blind search decoder echostar 3600ip
My Location
glasgow
Your tv will only decode terestrial channels fed into your tv.The UK has topup tv which requires a CAM and subscription card.Diablo and other CAMs seem to have lost favour(and channels) in favour of stbs connected to the internet.Hope this helps a little.Regards.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Canal Digital, 0.8W, is now secure, and not available without a subscription. Cams are practically obsolete, for opening channels, at least for now.
The days when the old Diablo cam unlocked premium channels, especially packages like Canal Digital, is long gone, and might never return.
You might want to read some of the forum sticky threads, especially in the Dreambox, Linux receivers, section, to see what other options are available.

sam2441983

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
living in norway,
toshiba HDTV with CAM slot,
STB with no CAM,
trying to get Canal Digital,
TV lists all encrypted channels with no pic or sound
My Location
norway
thanks for replying,
i am not sure what service i have ... i live in an apartments block and th TV service is included in my rent, and when i plug the cable outlet i have to my STB or directly to my TV i get the same result, i get a list of about 300 channels and most of them have signal but encrypted, just a handful are open and the rest are listed with no signal.
i thought by plunging a Multi-crypt CAM to my TV i would be able to open some of the channels ... i wonder if that realistic enough to try, and what else i can try..!?

thanks agian,

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Unlikely. Most encryptions have moved on these days, and cams are old technology.