Cams & Cards Advice

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my computer is a new hewlett packard desk top and my satellite is a skyline from B&Q and reaserching into getting a good system I still have an old 1990 ZETA ran off steam or left like, on analogue
My Location
Haydock,merseyside
I am interested in looking into getting a system for my daughter and fiancé:-worship:toke: which doesn't pay for Murdoch lifestyle.

They need football, rugby and a few films. They have just cancelled sli which was bankrupting them.

I was thinking on the lines of Art channels.

Can anyone here recommend a good receiver, cam and card system. I can organise the sat dish positioner and wiring. Mnay years a broke my teeth on the od Zeter knob analogue receiver. No I'm not a 100 I'm 58. I welded up a metal bedstead to make a movable dish using a 250 volt motor.

It shook the house moving from 27.5W to 19.2E. Sounds like somebody drilling the wall. Good old days.

Still works today 17yrs later. Still got Zeter but no stations. That was back in 1991 whwn the first gulf war started. Wanted Discovery channel on 27.5 west. Clarke belt was easy to find.

All help appreciated.

:-worship:)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my computer is a new hewlett packard desk top and my satellite is a skyline from B&Q and reaserching into getting a good system I still have an old 1990 ZETA ran off steam or left like, on analogue
My Location
Haydock,merseyside
I am interested in looking into getting a system for my daughter and fiancé:-worship:toke: which doesn't pay for Murdoch lifestyle.

They need football, rugby and a few films. They have just cancelled sli which was bankrupting them.

I was thinking on the lines of Art channels.

Can anyone here recommend a good receiver, cam and card system. I can organise the sat dish positioner and wiring. Mnay years a broke my teeth on the od Zeter knob analogue receiver. No I'm not a 100 I'm 58. I welded up a metal bedstead to make a movable dish using a 250 volt motor.

It shook the house moving from 27.5W to 19.2E. Sounds like somebody drilling the wall. Good old days.

Still works today 17yrs later. Still got Zeter but no stations. That was back in 1991 whwn the first gulf war started. Wanted Discovery channel on 27.5 west. Clarke belt was easy to find.

All help appreciated.

:-worship:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Post moved to a new thread as tagged onto an old archive.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Post moved to a new thread as tagged onto an old archive.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
For sports ordinarily, the cheapest and most-value-for-money card is probably the Al Jazeera (aka JSC) Card -- especially the latest one for all 8 channels. The major 'shortcoming' of the card is that it does not do English Premiership football though virtually everything else major (Champions League, UEFA, Scottish and some European country leagues) are covered. At the moment, the absence of EPL is not too big a deal as this can be viewed 'by other means' on satellite position 1 degree west. This last point also buttresses an important consideration --- that it is better to go for a motorised dish system. If in Merseyside, a 1m dish should do fine enough; choice of receiver would depend on some personal considerations such as desire for HD or recording etc --- other than that a good starting receiver is the Technomate 5400 Super.

PS A good motor would be a Moteck SG2100A or clones; or later versions of same with metal gearing; apparently, though, one of the earlier metal gearing ones suffer from 'backlash'. This type of motor will be powered by the receiver and the 250 volt motor will not be particularly necessary.

bigtee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky; Raven 90 multi-LNB 1W,5E, 7E, 9E, 13E 16E, 19E, 28E; 60cm Triax dish on Moteck SG2100 motor; Various Receivers
My Location
Kent, UK
For sports ordinarily, the cheapest and most-value-for-money card is probably the Al Jazeera (aka JSC) Card -- especially the latest one for all 8 channels. The major 'shortcoming' of the card is that it does not do English Premiership football though virtually everything else major (Champions League, UEFA, Scottish and some European country leagues) are covered. At the moment, the absence of EPL is not too big a deal as this can be viewed 'by other means' on satellite position 1 degree west. This last point also buttresses an important consideration --- that it is better to go for a motorised dish system. If in Merseyside, a 1m dish should do fine enough; choice of receiver would depend on some personal considerations such as desire for HD or recording etc --- other than that a good starting receiver is the Technomate 5400 Super.

PS A good motor would be a Moteck SG2100A or clones; or later versions of same with metal gearing; apparently, though, one of the earlier metal gearing ones suffer from 'backlash'. This type of motor will be powered by the receiver and the 250 volt motor will not be particularly necessary.