Cams?

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Hows it going, im looking for advice on purchacing a common interface cam.
Ive a Triax DVB260s FTA box with cam slot, ive a Sky freesat card on the
way.. Do i need a cam? or will the card slot in without a cam?
which cam would you recommend to work with this card if needed,?
sorry im new to all this, those cams look expensive too..
thanks,

psats

Reaction score
Your sky freesat card will only work in the sky box

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
oh bollix, i read on the freesat site that if you have your own equipment it will work all you need is a slot??

so do i now need a second hand ski digibox as well, ?
cheers for the help.

psats

Reaction score
Jakkkkk said:
oh bollix, i read on the freesat site that if you have your own equipment it will work all you need is a slot??

so do i now need a second hand ski digibox as well, ?
cheers for the help.

Yes sky box needed there are no videogaurd cams on the market
:)

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Yes you will need a sky digibox as there are no cam's which support skys encryption (N*D*S). There have been pictures and rumours about an N*D*S cam but nothing has ever come of this. Should be able to get a box for a decent price if you shop around. Also depending on which satellite your dish is pointing at, you may need to move your dish...

Nis

grex23

Reaction score
And what about ARION FERGUSON 5018CI? What cam do I need to buy to get any s_x/mature content channels on Hotbird or Astra. Of course without any monthly subscrobtion. :) And in overall any xxx channels are available using a x cam or any other one on other satelites??

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Cheers can i then link two boxes together, with the one dish?
im pointing at Astra2 at the mo..
Thanks..

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
Fortunately Sky digiboxes without a viewing card are often available in local paper for under £30.

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Cheers milky, i was on ebay earlier, trying to get a panasonic box cause ive heard there the best, any views on the Grundig or pace boxes ,..they seem a bit cheaper.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
I have a Grundig GDS2000 with s video output,which is handy as not many boxes have that. My box has been great for three years.
Others had said the Grundigs aren't that good, so I guess it's a case of reading various forums and deciding yourself what box to get.
With ebay you're bidding against others and sometimes the price goes higher than the item is worth and there is postage on top,mabye around £9-£12.
If you see something in the local paper,you drive round, see it working, make an offer if you think the asking price is a little high, and straight away you have the item.
I bought a Sony box with card about six months ago out of the local paper for £50. I then sold the box on ebay for £60 and the viewing card for £40.

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Sound.. do you know if i can link two boxes together with the one dish? good advice about ebay, the postage does push the price up, i'll check me local papers..

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
You can use one dish but I think you need a dual LNB and have a separate cable into each box.

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Dual LNB... Will this split the signal ?

so i need to run 2 coax cables to the lnb then connect them to the two boxes, how then do i connect them both to the tv? or do i connect the boxes together then have one connection to the tv?
Cinfusing aint it?
Cheers for the help so far k+

Jakkkkk

Reaction score
Hey just thought .. will my old freeview minidish work with a sky box?