• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

can a skystar2 USB use the diseqc function in progDVB?

My Location
KENT
Hi all.
With the recent developments with D+ on 19.2, I thought i would dust off my 1mtr dish and set it up with a monobloc for astra and hotbird. I have set it up OK, but when using ProgDVB (4.56.2) and SS2 USB (4.2.2 drivers), i cannot switch between sats...
I have set the diseqc setting to "mini" (simple A / simple :cool:, but can only get 1 sat. at a time. Both sats have good signal strength. Am I missing something...
Peter in the Bus

Jaffer

My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
You have to configure it. Say A to hotbird and B to astra. I believe you can configure upto 4 LNBs. Check it again. Good Luck!

My Location
KENT
Cheers for the reply, Jaffer.
Thats how I have set it up, A to hotbird and B to astra using the "mini-diseqc" option. ( you can configure 2 sats using that). But I cant switch between them. If I open ProgDVB with a Astra channel, I cant switch to Hotbird, and if I open ProgDVB with a Hotbird channel, I cant switch to Astra. Very annoying, very frustrating, and very time consuming...(luckily i have plenty!!).

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
The mini DiseqC might not be the correct version, try the 4 way DiseqC, but just selecting A or B.

jphili

My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
Lucky me, I never noticed the mini DiseqC setting and used the 4 way DiseqC with my monobloc (2-out). It hasn't given any problem viewing Astra or HB channels

Jaffer

My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Hi Peter. did you connect the LNBs via a DisEqC siwtch. Without the switch it will not work.

My Location
KENT
Hi Peter. did you connect the LNBs via a DisEqC siwtch. Without the switch it will not work.
___________Its an Inverto Monoblock. I am assuming it has a diseqc switch built in.

The mini DiseqC might not be the correct version, try the 4 way DiseqC, but just selecting A or B.Thanks for that RolfW. I will try it out when I get back this evening...

My Location
KENT
Thanx, RolfW. you have done it again !!!

Changed the settings from "mini-diseqc" to " 1.0 or 2.0". Put Hotbird as LNB1, and Astra as LNB2, left the other 2 settings blank, and now it works perfectly...
My next question is :-
What is the minimum dish size, considering my location, that will work with a 0.4db monoblock. The 1 mtr dish i have at the moment is prone to being blown around by the wind...I am hoping a 60cm dish will work, or am i being too optimistic?