Can an old Sky analogue card be used in a new Sky Digital box?

SJLyon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sorry if this has been answered before, but I was just wondering if this was possible.

I don't wish to subscribe to Sky, I just want to be able to watch the free-to-air and free-to-view channels.

I've read that there are two ways to access the free-to-view channels - either through obtaining a free BBC card, or by using an existing Sky card, even if its subscription has already expired.

Would I be able to use the latter, even if it was a former Sky analogue subscription card?

Thanks in advance.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Afraid not, also there may be problems long term with expired Sky digital cards.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Originally posted by rolfw
Afraid not, also there may be problems long term with expired Sky digital cards.

Why..... Tell Me, Tell Me.

What long term problems expired cards.

At home we have full package, but as my wife spends so much time glued to the box she has come up with a plan.

I blame A HOUSE IN THE SUN but it seems we are off to spain.

And it would nice to still see the old home stations RTE TV3 NETWORK2 with my old sky box.

So if you know something please tell me.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sky have been rolling out new cards over the last few months and when they have finished the roll out, I would imagine that they will switch off the old cards, including any cards where the subscription has lapsed. This may or may not affect the FTV channels, but we won't know until it happens.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
All the bars have sky, will they have problems?

Anyone know how much a big dish(1.2.m) is in Spain.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Anybody subscribing to sky has or will have their new card sent to the address used on the contract to get the card.