can any one still watch tv3 praha

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 28-Jun-02 AT 11:57 PM (GMT)]hello to all

now why i ask this is i have been looking at tv3 praha and it has not been watch able all day so i think may be they have made changes to the signal quality beacuse you can watch it with out any problems but today not a chance i have a 45cm dish up with sky digital and my free to air digital receiver all on the same dish any body else be able to watch it today with the same size dish i have up frequency 12---607h
symbol rate 27.500 fec 3/4 but myself i think its only watch able on an 80cm dish from now on may be 60cm but not sure it that good enought

hope some one can answer this
yours
satelliteman
not sure what has gone on with this

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Couldn't receive it on minidish Satelliteman.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 29-Jun-02 AT 10:50 AM (GMT)]>Couldn't receive it on minidish Satelliteman.
>
>Rolf

satelliteman

so what have they done to it lets see if any one replys to this who has a 60 cm to 80 cm dish see if they can receive it

buy the why did you get my private message i sent to you hope you did
yours
satelliteman
:7

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I can store the bouquet into the receiver without difficulty, but this is on a 1.8m

Channel comes up as scrambled along with CT1, 2, and Prima (which used to be free) so I assume they have decided its only for paying persons in the country of origin

Are you Czech satellite man ?

S

satelliteman

>I can store the bouquet into the receiver without
>difficulty, but this is on a 1.8m
>
>Channel comes up as scrambled along with CT1, 2, and Prima
>(which used to be free) so I assume they have decided its
>only for paying persons in the country of origin
>
>Are you Czech satellite man ?

satelliteman

no i am not czech i am britsh but i use to watch this channel as a change from sky digital but now its scrambled i guess its gone for good and now it comes to mind they my have changed the signal quality so people can not receive any more any morein my eyes they should leave things as they are os people can still pick it up .

this channel has now gone pay tv so it can not be watched any more by people in england
yours
satelliteman

i guess the only choice for british people who want a change in programmes is to go to astra 1 at 19.2 east but how long will the channels stay in the clear for at that spot i guess you waste money just to get more channels its just not on at all

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jun-02 AT 02:08 AM (GMT)]hello

now this is a very said day for all the people tht use to watch tv praha i have just looked at the lyngsat charts and to me it now shows up encrypted i will say the free viewing time is over for all of us we have had this channel free for a long time but is goes the way of all free channels one day up end up paying for it and in england the viewing cards i bet you can not get one at all if any body whats to look at the web site i will now put on for you
this is the web site www.lyngsat.com/eurobird.shtml

MAY WE ALL MISS TV3 PRAHA AND I WOULD SAY THAT EUTELSAT THE OWNER OF EUROBIRD MAY HAVE MADE CHANGES TO THE SIGNAL QUALITY SO THAT WE CAN NOT PICK IT UP ON A MINI DISH ANY MORE WELL YOU CAN BUT IT A HELL OF A JOB MOST TIMES YOU GET NO SIGNAL FOUND IT MAY NOW ONLY BE PICKED UP NOW ON A 60CM TO 80CM DISH OR ABOVE THIS SIZE.

GOODBYE TV PARHA IS BEEN FUN WHY YOU WHERE FREE TO VIEW
THIS IS VERY SAID NEWS TO BRING TO YOU BUT I THOUGHT YOU WOULD ALL LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
YOURS
SATELLITEMAN

sorry for the big letters in the last part of this thread buti thought it was best to put it this way.:'( :'(

I HAVE SENT AN E MAIL TO FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON I WILL LET YOU KNOW I WHEN I GET ONE BACK FROM THEM IF THEY HAVE PEPOPLE THE CAN READ BRITISH.

ALL WHAT IS ON THIS THRED AT THE MOMENT IS ONLY ONE BIG GUESS
MORE NEWS LATTER.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Why not put up a second dish, you can use the sky box to receive free toair channel on other satellites in the arc, - or ditch sky completely and start with a decent motorised system ?

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jun-02 AT 12:50 PM (GMT)]>Why not put up a second dish, you can use the sky box to
>receive free toair channel on other satellites in the arc, -
>or ditch sky completely and start with a decent motorised
>system ?

satelliteman

now where i live i can only have one satellite dish on the house and that also means in the garden as well they will not let you have to dishes any where you can only have one dish so i will say this i will
never break any laws that come a long with satellite tv as i like to watch it so much its know good saying any more on this as i will not take any notice of it know i have know plans to go motorised ever i guess its just sky digital and my free to air digital receiver and soon astra at 19.2 east when i get my new 80cm dish on the wall.

THE LAW IS WHERE I LIVE ONE SATELLITE DISH ANY WHERE ON YOUR OWN GROUNDS BUT I CAN NOT GO ABOVE 90CM SORRY BUT I WILL NOT BREAK THIS LAW.
yours
satelliteman

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Simple

Ditch the small dish , put up the largest one you can get away with (make sure its motorised), and turn it to Astra2 when you want to.

Shouldnt cost you than £150 tops for the best around

S

satelliteman

>Simple
>
>Ditch the small dish , put up the largest one you can get
>away with (make sure its motorised), and turn it to Astra2
>when you want to.
>
>Shouldnt cost you than £150 tops for the best around

satelliteman

did you read the last bit of the above thread i say i had know plans ever to go motorised at all i have spent enought money on this set up
now so i will not be spending much more only to get the dish put up and lnb and not sure if i will have astra at 19.2 east yet the size i have all ready brought is 80cm thats big enought for the use i want.

but thanks for take time to try and help
yours
satelliteman

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 30-Jun-02 AT 09:42 PM (GMT)]If you are restricted to one dish, then an 80cm with two LNBs on an offset bracket will get you 28.2 and 19.2, or even Hotbird. You may even be able to cannibalise the lnb off the the minidish, it won't be perfect, but should give acceptable results.

Rolf

S

satelliteman

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-Jul-02 AT 00:01 AM (GMT)]hello

i think they have changed the signal i have pick it up but not very good now at all and all you get now is a test card showing so may be tv3 praha is have some problems on board so i would just realy like to know is any one picking it up on a 60cm dish or 80cm dish
i know you can with a 1.8cm dish but this size i can not have up at all and all the other channels on eurobird high band are just the same now could pick up a few with my small dish but only some time now.

yours
satelliteman
problem now sorted with login in from my dads computer but i will have to put it back the way it was when i have done on this forum.
great to be back

D

digitalguy

hello to every one

i was under the name of satelliteman when i started this thread then i left the forums beacuse of problems but i am now back under the new name of digitalguy

now i have just check a friends sky digibox and she can pick up tv 3 praha with out any problems on a sky mini dish so i would say that if you can not receive it then you must have a probblem with your dish or cable she can also pick up tv markiza both these channels are showing a

test card at the moment so i will now have to save up to get my new 80cm dish put up the frequency for tv markzia is 12---643h symbol rate 27.500 fec 3/4 i use to pick up tv 3 praha fine till some time back if any one trys this can they please let us all now how they got on with it
hope this has help people
yours
digitalguy
nice to be back i think i wiil use the froum when i only have to post any news.

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Channel Hopper was trying to help you,as you no as far as sat dishes are concerned in the uk there is no probs with the law,do you think they are going to look at every small detail like that.

Life is but a chance, so have a go

and dont bother about daddy

regards mikeey

Xilt

Czech member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
T90 @ 23E,19E,13E,9E,5E,1W | Prodelin 1244 @ 28,2E | VU+DUO4K | NAS | Invacom QDF 031 | Nordix CM-402
My Location
CZ
Hi guys I think I´ll be able to answer your questions as a czech resident. TV3 Praha ceased its transmission not only over the satellite but it ceased completelly. TV3 Praha has for long time been in dispute of ownership and the problem will probably take long time to solve so they have decided to stop their broadcasts untill its done. No one here knows wheather TV3 will return but most people say that probably not.

Try to retune your frequency for Czechlink packet and you will find
a replacement for the station which is to start its regular transmissions at the end of september. They will start test transmissions from the 15th of September and the channel is named "Stanice O". Its supposed to be a new Czech music channel and its very promissing (www.staniceo.cz).
Btw there is another multiplex on Eurobird called Slovaklink and it will soon start transmissions of slavakian TVs.