can anybody help me ??

polinaro

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I'm French and I live in france but I'm half english,anyway, my problem is the following, I am in love with those bbc chanels on astra but it seems that I cannot get them in france because the english fordid it!!
so I have a pc and a mac and a tv, what can I do to get those sky channels another way ?

thanks in advance for your help !!!
:) :) :) :) :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
All of the BBC channels are fre to air Polinaro, you can receive them by pointing a dish at Astra 28.2 East and using any digital satellite receiver.

wisebird

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi polinaro
if you mean the "bbc prime" channel on hotbird and astra then you can receive it if you have an appropriate cam (magic or viaaccess) and a pirate card you can get easily
if you want specific details do not hesitate yo ask

uzzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish with philips dsx7071 decoder
My Location
italy
rolfw said:
All of the BBC channels are fre to air Polinaro, you can receive them by pointing a dish at Astra 28.2 East and using any digital satellite receiver.
I was interested in reading your message Thread. I live in Southern Italy and was under the impression that you need to buy a Sky FreeSat card with uk sky digibox to recieve any uk channels. Have things changed since 2003?

uzzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy
wisebird said:
hi polinaro
if you mean the "bbc prime" channel on hotbird and astra then you can receive it if you have an appropriate cam (magic or viaaccess) and a pirate card you can get easily
if you want specific details do not hesitate yo ask
Hi Wisebird,
excuse my ignorance here. please explain if i need to purchase a separate piece of equipment (ie a cam) for my philips DSX7071 reciever or if i subscribe directly to BBC Prime their card should automatically work.
Also any help on getting a pirate card for bbc prime!? Cheers.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
uzzo said:
I was interested in reading your message Thread. I live in Southern Italy and was under the impression that you need to buy a Sky FreeSat card with uk sky digibox to recieve any uk channels. Have things changed since 2003?

Theres about 150 UK channels that transmit in the clear, although a hell of a lot of them are shopping channels. The BBC are in the clear too, but they are transmitting on Astra 2D, which is problematic south of Rome as you need BIG dishes for it.

uzzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
italy
Analoguesat said:
Theres about 150 UK channels that transmit in the clear, although a hell of a lot of them are shopping channels. The BBC are in the clear too, but they are transmitting on Astra 2D, which is problematic south of Rome as you need BIG dishes for it.
Thanks for your advice. In fact, I read on another part of this forum that you cannot get Astra 2D even with a 3m dish! Oh well, I think I'll try subscribing direct with BBC Prime. My Philips receiver has 2 slots for smart cards - I assume that it will receive the BBC Prime card? as the BBC say the decoder has to have Viaccess encryption. Do you know anything about this?
Thanks in advance