Can anybody help?

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
I am working on a patched SL55.So the software version my be different. But should make no difference. I have found that sometimes when trying to find new Tr. you might have to do a full scan of that satelite. But you run the risk of losing all your stations on that Sat. if your receiver is acting up.I have just deleated that transponder and typed it back in and rescaned all ok.

mrtomato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
Philips MEO box
65cm Fortec Star dish
Twin Fortec Star LNB
My Location
UK
Mmm. Tried it and nothing. I'm going to have to give up here!
Can I get any software upgrades via Hotbird instead? Comag says Astra. although it always tells me there's no software update available.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
mrtomato.

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Try deleating a different transponder on Hotbird that you do not use.And re- type it in on new Tr and see what happens. Just trying to find out if the problem is with the scanning or the particular TR that you are trying to find.
John

mrtomato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
Philips MEO box
65cm Fortec Star dish
Twin Fortec Star LNB
My Location
UK
Now I'll need to find a transponder I don't use. I suppose to do that I'll need to start a full Hotbird scan and see which ones it skips past.

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
Just pop over to Satco Dx . You will find the list there. If your scanning is messed up on all trs. A factory re-set should fix it. Again you run the risk of losing all.
John.

mrtomato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
Philips MEO box
65cm Fortec Star dish
Twin Fortec Star LNB
My Location
UK
It's definitely the transponder. I've tried everything. I assume there is a software bug and short of finding an upgrade I'm probably screwed.
I am giving up this time. I'll just have to accept that the only way to watch test cricket in this country is to line Murdoch's pockets. Makes me sick'O'-red .

Thanks so much for your help.

mrtomato.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi mrtomato,
on most receivers you can alter your LNB settings through your receivers menu, check if yours is set to Universal LNB, and the frequency range, although seeing as you're getting channels all around that frequency it is strange.
Try entering the information manually:
Video Pid 650
Audio Pid 651
PCR Pid 650SID 10609
If that fails slightly change the freq to 12475 or 12477 and see if you pick anything up. You do get good quality coverage with English commentary and no ad breaks.....
Best wishes
Mickha

mrtomato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Digital
Philips MEO box
65cm Fortec Star dish
Twin Fortec Star LNB
My Location
UK
Thanks for the hints, but I've tried all that.

I think Comag have a lot to answer for! I reckon it can only be a software problem.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, add a new satellite and call it ARY, add a transponder at 12.626 and then change the LNB LO on high band to 10.750, if you can't do this, then change the LNB type to single band 10.750 and turn the 22Khz switch to on. Then try and scan the transponder, it may just fool the receiver.