can anybody recommend a motorised system for a newbie beginner?

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1600 ci, 80cm motorised dish,viacsess cam + art sports card
My Location
south lanarkshire (glasgow)
hi i,m new to satelitte systems apart from sly. i,m planning on buying a technomate 1500ci and a 80cm motorised dish .I was wondering if anybody can recommend a system and give me an idea on what channels i will receive i know there is thousands,so i,ll take that back lol i,m working within a budget.
i,ve seen a few systems on a certain well known buy n sell website,but i,m being honest in saying i,m new to this and was looking for some advice from you guys,if anybody can give me advice or point me in the right direction its much apreciated,i also have been told it will cost £150 to install this system is that correct? as it seems a bit steep,basically i was wanting someone who knows there stuff to say whether the technomate 1500 is a good choice for me and if possible where to buy one apart from the website i mentioned.
p.s if you look at my setup you,ll probably see why i want to get a better system or are these echostar boxes any good? thanks

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
You're going in the right direction with the Technomate, all I would say is that if you are ever planning to look for feeds or weak satellites then you may find the 80cm just a touch on the small side, you can put up a 1mtr dish without planning permission nowadays (certain restrictions if you have a listed building etc). The technomate has good third party support with software patches ;)
and is a good all round reciever.

All you will need is a diseqc motor which your reciever will drive, and some T&K brackets and a short pole and you will be set. If you are even a mild DIYer then we can get you through the dish setup from here, we have a very good record doing that and It will not only save you £150 (that's about right by the way) but you'll learn about your system and have a great feeling of satisfaction at the end.

Rgds

L.:)

Site Services

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Motorised 1.2M Fibo looking between 45E - 60W, TM9100 Receiver running EDG-Nemesis 3.2 in flash
My Location
Wolverhampton
I can only echo what Lancelot has said. I have a 1500+ and recently installed my very first motorised system purely from info gained from this site which is full of very knowledgeable people who share their experiences. If you're a competant diy'er you won't have many problems.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
thanks guys, i think i,ll go for the above system, i think i seen one with a 90cm dish would i be correct in saying so? i seen the system for £200 with free delivery ,receiver and motorised dish 80cm so i,m assuming the 90cm will be a bit dearer? do i really need a 1 metre or 90 cm dish will the 80cm not do me for now? i take it size matters lol i know i would be happy with an extra 10 cm ha ha aswell as the misses,although shes not complained so far(not to me anyway) as for the diy part i dont think i could manage that as changing a plug is hard for me and i,m not kidding, i would have a go at it if my dish was lower but i dont fancy going up ladders with a tool box.
Is installing this system not a bit easier if i currently have a dish? as i wouldn,t have to move the wall mount would i ,giving me a bit of a start as to me (correct me if i,m wrong as i probably am),do i just take off the current dish put a motorised dish on to the wall mount that was already there and the jobs more or less done.well in theory i know its harder than that but can i use the current sky wall mount i have ? hopefully you,s will understand what i mean thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
For a mororised dish you will require a very sturdy mast which is perfectly vertical, that rules out the Sky bracket and most of the ones included in ebay packages.

See my sticky thread on setting up a Moteck at the top of the section.

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
For a mororised dish you will require a very sturdy mast which is perfectly vertical, that rules out the Sky bracket and most of the ones included in ebay packages.

See my sticky thread on setting up a Moteck at the top of the section.

hi mate, i have ordered the technomate receiver and you where right about the brackets and poles but the guy said i could have this motorised dish system with the t&k brackets and a 2ft pole for £139 ,and i paid about £90 for the technomate receiver.i would like to know if its possible to buy a dish with multiple lnbs and brackets ,if so am i still in the same boat as i am with the motorised system ? if its possible i would like to get one of these as it sounds as though i could manage fitting one of these instead of paying a small fortune for a motorised dish to be fitted ,although i would prefer this motorised system but its the money i,m thinking of.can anybody let me know by p.m on where to buy a multiple lnb+brackets and dish , or give me some more advice thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Multi LNB systems are not much easier to setup than a motor and of course limited by how many LNBs you can fit onto a dish. Normally three or four LNB will work, perhaps eight with something like a wave frontier dish, but this dish is difficult to set up.:)

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Multi LNB systems are not much easier to setup than a motor and of course limited by how many LNBs you can fit onto a dish. Normally three or four LNB will work, perhaps eight with something like a wave frontier dish, but this dish is difficult to set up.:)

thanks rolfw, that clears that up a bit then,this guy has told me he,ll give me a motorised system for £139 delivery thats with the 2ft pole and T&k brackets,including delivery,he said yous where right i may well need these extra parts and he would supply it for an extra £40, so he was selling the system for roughly £100 before adding the brackets etc. heres what it says i will be getting could anybody please reply asap to let me know if this is any good before i buy,as i am a newbie and i,ve not got much to spend , i know a bigger dish would be better,in an ideal world i would be getting a bigger dish etc but its not so it looks like this system.1 x 80cm Solid Dish
1 x LNB
1 x Motek SG2100A DiSEcQ Motor
1 x 20 Meters of Sat Cable with F Connectors

please could you let me know i could always ask for a bigger dish but as i said the money is running out, i,ve ordered the technomate 1500ci super patched am i making the right decision in buying this as my first system thanks in advance this is the whole system sorry about the length of it but i have to be sure before buying it as you can appreciate

High quality 80cm offset solid steel build dish - Suitable for motorised set-ups, plus wide mast range of 32-80mm (40mm fixed).
High performance, low noise figure (0.2d:cool: Universal LNB
Motor specially designed for receivers with DiSEqC 1.2/USALS, this able to mount and drive dishes up to 1.2m.
- Special Design for Receiver with DiSEqC 1.2/USALS
- Only One Coaxial Cable Control
- Go To X Function
- High Efficiency
- Compact Structure
- Ultra Low Noise
- Adjustable Hardware Limits
- Easy Installation with LED Indicator
- Manual EAST / WEST button
- For Dish up to 1.2m
20m length of coax connection cable with F-connectors
technomate 1500ci super version receiver patched

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that sounds reasonable. :)

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rolfw said:
Yes, that sounds reasonable. :)

thanks rolfw, thats appreciated, i will try this one out,it is my first system ,well motorised ,i know there are lots of better dishes etc out there ,but i just cant afford them just now so this will have to do,all i have to worry about is getting the thing set up heres hoping it wont be too costly thanks to everybody for there advice especially rolfw cheers mate :-worship

henrikno7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hi i received the technomate receiver today and the t&k brackets along with the motor so everything is here apart from the dish lol, anyway the person i bought the technomate receiver said the tm 1500ci wasn,t in stock and he gave me an upgrade to the tm-1600 2ci super series,he said it was patched and that i would receive the following channels MULTIVISION 1-8, TPS CINESTAR, TPS HOME CINEMA, TPS CINÉTOILE, TPS STAR,TPS CINECULTE, TPS CINEXTREME, TPS CINEFAMILY, TPS CINÉCOMEDY, TPS FOOT, TPS CINÉCLUB, EUROSPORT, CARTOON NETWORK, PLAYBOY, XXL, TV CABO, CINE5 AND HUNDREDS MORE ,but when i go to one of these channels it says "scrambled channel" is this because it isn,t patched at all? i also thought there would be a card slot on this receiver as i have an arts card for the football but now have no place for it to go, on the receiver it has something that looks like a card slot but it has something blocking it,but looks like it can be removed but i cant figure out how to do this,theres also a space for 2 cams to go in, this receiver has meant to have 5 built in cams VIACCESS , ASTONSECA, CRYPTOWORKS, IRDETO, CONAX, but as i said there looks as though there is a cam slot but its blocked but this looks as if the slot can be unblocked can anybody with the same box or similar help me out thanks in advance