My Location
/var/tuxbox/config

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db600c to lcd tv tv also db600s to lcd
My Location
uk
do i need to buy a Omnikey Reader or not as i seen on some forums that people have just put the card in the db and set up stuff via that or is that just nonsence

also if i do need to buy one where do you think i can get one also dont want to use ebay or paypal so is there any shops that do

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
scousa80 said:
can anyone help me with how to set up cs on a db 800hd
i have s*y hd sub and looking to cs but am a newbie so any baby steps
on how to start

No-one will hold your hand here - we will point you in the right direction but its up to you how to work it out and make it do what you want it to - theres lots of info on the forum - so settle down for 3-4 hours reading!

Harsh possibly but a dreambox is not an easy box to master and if you want to get the best out of it then you cant be afraid to learn how it works "under the bonnet"

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
no i understand that i need to read i just need to no if i need to buy a Omnikey Reader or can the card go str8 into the box i dont really want it for friend or anyone i just want it for a multiroom for bedroom and my kids rooms

so can you answer if i need Omnikey or not

B16MCC sorry about this but do have any email i can contact you on

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
scousa80 said:
B16MCC sorry about this but do have any email i can contact you on

You won't get any personal help offered away from the forum. All discussions can be posted here in aid to help others also.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
ok can someone confirm i need to order a Omnikey 3121 so i can get started

_http://www.smartcardfocus.com/shop/ilp/id~54/p/index.shtml

[fieldset=Moderation]Please read the forum rules regarding posting live links[/fieldset]

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
And its only Retired Dreambox refuseniks (so far .............. :p) like me who have the time to frequent the Forums much during "Working" (Ha, ha, ha!) hours so don't expect to get replies in short order :)

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Ok, lets slow down a little here. This forum is a fantastic place full of very useful information. Mostly you won't get answers within 10 seconds of asking but you may get answers if you wait a little. Posting again and again with the same questions and tagging those questions on to several other posts only antaganises people and encourages a less friendly reply.

If you're new to Dreambox then don't expect to having working this weekend. You've got a lot to learn as did we all. Anyway, rant over.

My personal opinion is this. Although the internal reader will operate your card, it will run it very very hot and therefore at risk. For the ebay price of < £10 or retail price for £25 you'd be better with the omnikey reader.

Google for Omnikey and find the manuf. site, the model is a 3121 USB. The site will list UK suppliers.

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&amp;Cams&amp;Cas
My Location
Ireland
scousa80 said:
so can you answer if i need Omnikey or not

As you guessed by now, your question will need a lot of thought as the use of your system will impact on your decision. The type of subscription you will be using is another important variable. To answer wether or not an external reader is better depends on the use you will apply to the box.

In a nutshell, an external reader should run your card at a lower temperature which is a concern (apparently, but not for me) for some users

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
sorry to anyone but i just need a answer pm me if you can but i need to no i have to buy a Omnikey 3121 as i just bought one so am i in the right path

b16mcc as you are from northwest i just wanted abit of help i ordered a 3121 now and should be here tomorrow so thats good i no little bits of dreambox but only the cable side not the sat side but i am learning i have set up the 1st step but like as i need the 3121 i dont really want to be burning the card out but i only asked for personal email just for a little bit of help if no1 was online but ok sorry for this everyone as i feel like a arse with everyone now coming in and commenting

wildbat thanks well i have 2 db 600s and a 800hd and i have a sub for sly hd i am looking this to run and i have all routor and stuff ready just waiting for 3121

also as i read on does the 3121 need to be set up am i right as i cant download the cccam file to read

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
There's substantial setup work to be done in order to run the Omnikey on your DM800. The tutorial on this is listed in my previous post above.
As for CCcam you need to download that from your addons panel on your DM800.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
ok thanks well i come across some errors i have the gemmi image on the db 800hd do you no where it says you enigma2 do you no if this image has this

also i mean this cccam CCcam Card Sharing Tutorial as i dont have ms office i cant see what it says to move onto the next step

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Could you punctuate your posts a little better please, they can be quite hard to understand exactly what your asking sometimes.
If you're asking if you have enigma2 then yes you do , although you need to understand what you're asking for a little better.
Enigma2 is the base image run by the DM800, DM7025 and DM8000. The older boxes run Enigma1 base images. The term 'Enigma1 / 2 ' is not something you have installed as such, but a requirement of your hardware.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
hi there sorry about any confusion here what i have done up2 now
by the way i have the gemini 2 image runing on the 800hd already have a cline of my friend running his so i could test it to make sure it works

now i have installed the following via ftp the blue button then addons
and manual install the opened ipkg packages and installed them

1. ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk

2. ipkg install /tmp/pcsc-lite_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk

3. ipkg install /tmp/libpcsclite1_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk

4. ipkg install /tmp/ccid_1.3.11-r0_mipsel.ipk

now on the 2nd one you give me called CCcam Card Sharing Tutorial
i can no open this file as it for ms office and i only have works

so i just want to no how much for i need to do an is there anyway i can test my sly card in my box as of yet or do i need to do alot more stuff

i have installed the 4 files onto the dreambox via the blue botton and addon and manual install now can you help me after this please and where do i find telnet

also i have a cline on the db 800hd from my friend but hes movied to dubai so need to get my own set up so its all up to date i have gemini 2 image and i had a cline that worked but thats all up to now

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
DM600 x 2
DM100 x 2
My Location
Liverpool
what colour s*y card are you using? if you still have your blue card and havent activated your white one yet its simpler to set up cs for a noob, if you only have the white card it will take allitle bit more work and you need newcs setup as well as cccam.

As for the omnikey reader B16MCC is correct it is the better way to go in the long run but in all honesty I would get your system up and running with the internal reader before attempting the external one.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
scousa80, you need to read mate. You're asking questions before you've even tried anything. Read the thread about Testing the new white card. Read it from start to finish, in that thread alone you will soon learn what you need to do. With the other threads I linked to you have all the info you need.

If you're using Windows then the telnet app you need is either Dreambox Control Centre or Putty, google for them.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
scousa80 said:
also i mean this cccam CCcam Card Sharing Tutorial as i dont have ms office i cant see what it says to move onto the next step

Regarding MS Office:
There are free MS Office viewers for Word, Excel, Power Point.
Search for them in the MS website.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
You will need your original Sly box serial number - the one you activated the card in if your card is white. And you will have to read the tutorial the B16Mcc has posted to install the Omnikey reader. To start witj you can download and install the "CCcam complete" package from the blue panel on your Gemini image. Also install newcs 1.67RC1 from blue panel. Then you will be ready to go once you read the tutorial.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
scousa80 said:
now on the 2nd one you give me called CCcam Card Sharing Tutorial
i can no open this file as it for ms office and i only have works

Get yourself a copy of open office - its freeware and just as good as the MS suite

_http://www.openoffice.org

Status
Not open for further replies.