Status
Not open for further replies.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db600c to lcd tv tv also db600s to lcd
My Location
uk
shumifan50 i have been reading the info from the pages i have installed the cam as i aready had a cline from my mate also installed the 4 files in b16mcc thread also installed the newcs 1.67 from blue panel

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
Analoguesat thanks for the openoffce i been ready though the file now

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
B16MCC thanks i no what you mean now by telnet as i used it before on the cable side ddc well i already have this so i no what i am doing

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
scousa80 said:
so i just want to no how much for i need to do an is there anyway i can test my sly card in my box as of yet or do i need to do alot more stuff

i have installed the 4 files onto the dreambox via the blue botton and addon and manual install now can you help me after this please and where do i find telnet

also i have a cline on the db 800hd from my friend but hes movied to dubai so need to get my own set up so its all up to date i have gemini 2 image and i had a cline that worked but thats all up to now

Scousa80 - let me be give you some advice.

If you are not prepered to put in HUNDREDS of hours of work and reading with the dreambox you may as well stick it on ebay and get your money back. There is no easy way top get to learn how these boxes work - you have to do the same legwork all us other DB owners have been through.

We are NOT going to walk you through every minor procedure you need to learn .

Forget c-line card sharing for now - thats an advanced function and you certainly dont want to be faffing around with that at the moment. You might be ready to start playing with it in a couple of months or so - get the basics sorted out first

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
no i am reading i have been since 12 olock today untill now so i would day around 6 hours and got told it only take about 2 hours to do but i just wanted to no if there was a way for me to just try my sly card in the db 800hd so i no im on the right track i have done the basic bites from and installed the newcs 1.67 as shumifan50 told me to do

just be alot easyer if there was a clone file of someones box that had done this and just put it onto your box via ftp and just a readme on if anythink has to be redone to the persons own ip or anything

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
scousa80 said:
no i am reading i have been since 12 olock today untill now so i would day around 6 hours and got told it only take about 2 hours to do but i just wanted to no if there was a way for me to just try my sly card in the db 800hd so i no im on the right track i have done the basic bites from and installed the newcs 1.67 as shumifan50 told me to do

2 hours?? Lol - Im still learning things about my 7020 and Ive had it 3 YEARS!

Have you got the box working on the free to air channels yet?? If so well done & you are getting there and accomplished the first stage

If not get to this stage before you try anything else.

scousa80 said:
just be alot easyer if there was a clone file of someones box that had done this and just put it onto your box via ftp and just a readme on if anythink has to be redone to the persons own ip or anything

You wouldnt learn anything at all if you did that. And would be stuffed next time you had a problem.

If you want to take a receiver out of the box and have Sky up and running in an hour you buy a Sky digibox, not a DB.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
well it already had free to air channels as i had a cline of my friend but hes gone to dubai now so that why i need to set my own one up im not supid also got 2 kids crying and fighting of what they want to watch on tv this is why i am doing this as it will help that why i was asking for abit more support of someone who i could have spoken to via msn or skype and maybe could have talked to me more to see if i was doing it right

also not trying to have a argument with you just i want to try and get this up and running as fast as i can

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
No-one has accused you of being stupid but you do have hopelessly unrealistic expectations of what you will be able to do with a dreambox in your first few months of ownership.

You dont seem to have grasped the basics and you are wanting to set up an advanced function - theres about 200 hours of reading, fiddling, ftp'ing, crashing the box and having to reinstall from scratch before you will be ready for c-lines and card sharing.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
no its not that its just i spoken to alot of people who have done it and say it take no time to do and have been up and running in no time but sadly none of them live in liverpool who i speak to so i couldnt have them come and do it for me i would even pay them but im just trying myself i should be more having it done when i get my key reader 2mra

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7025
DM600 x 2
DM100 x 2
My Location
Liverpool
scousa80 get in contact with me, send me a pm

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you know what you are doing it isnt hard to do.

I (or any of the other DB owners here) could have the box up and running in 20 minutes flat starting from scratch.

You dont know what you are doing thus you have to do it the hard way.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
vampsthevampyre said:
scousa80 get in contact with me, send me a pm

He cant - he doesnt have enough posts & hasnt been on the forum long enough :D

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
that what i was going to say i cant pm you sorry so dont no what to do thanks anyways vampsthevampyre maybe you can pm me

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
He cant either - you dont have pm activated yet so it will just bounce..

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
scousa80, one word of warning at this point. Read my post again on Setting up the Omnikey on a Dreambox. The NewCS 1.67 you have installed from your addons panel WILL NOT WORK with the external reader.

Like I say, read the tutorial again. When you've finished, read it again.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
also rebooted my box back to normal and going to go thought the guide agen also can anyone make this out for me as i dont no where the files are

The CCcam archive is composed of 2 files, a bin file and a config file. In the original RAR
archive, the authors have saved the Dreambox binary file as CCcam.ppc, whilst the config file
is the same as for any version. It is suggested to rename the binary file in CCcam as it will
help make the following Telnet procedures easier.

do you no what i said though about copying a box can this be done as i think that the only way im every going to get this done

can anyone point me to where the 2 files are the bin file and config file

vampsthevampyre where about in the lpool you from

ok started agen and installed the below

1. ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk
2. ipkg install /tmp/pcsc-lite_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk
3. ipkg install /tmp/libpcsclite1_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk
4. ipkg install /tmp/ccid_1.3.11-r0_mipsel.ipk

now i need 2 files from the guide but cant seem to find them in the bin folder from when i log into the box from the dcc anyone no where they are

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Cccam binary is in /usr/bin
CCcam.cfg goes in /etc

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
the only cam in usr/bin cccam_2.1.2 so does that need to move into the etc folder

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
scousa80 said:
the only cam in usr/bin cccam_2.1.2 so does that need to move into the etc folder

:-doh!

Read B16MCC's post 37 again Then again. The file locations have been given to you there.

:toke:

If you cant get this bit right when you have been given exact instructions of where the files go then a DB isnt for you.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
B16MCC or Analoguesat can you help me out please just get me started and help me out by copying some files from your box so i can then ftp right into my box so i no when i get my key reader in the morning i can put the sky card into it and it works and then i can try and get the other stuff done myself for the csharing

Status
Not open for further replies.