can anyone help me with how to set up cs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
What version of Windows are you running? Xp or Vista. You might have to install telnet on Vista - apparently through the control panel.
Also did you install the vcredist package? It is required for the program to run at all.
Do you get the main panel of the program displaying or just the error? It looks like it is telnet that is not installed.
Also note that there are NO CAMS in the installation package for the Omnikey reader - we cannot put cams in downloads here.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db600c to lcd tv tv also db600s to lcd
My Location
uk
up to now i have put below on and installed them

1. ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk
2. ipkg install /tmp/pcsc-lite_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk
3. ipkg install /tmp/libpcsclite1_1.5.5-r0_mipsel.ipk
4. ipkg install /tmp/ccid_1.3.11-r0_mipsel.ipk

after this i put my card in the omnikey 3121 reader and no channels have come on

now where do i type the following in

set it up in NewCS as normal. The reader type is
<type>pcsc</type>

The node address will be simply
<node>0</node>

If you add a second reader it will be
<node>1</node>

also installed vcredist on my pc

also can you conferm that the key ready can plug in and play or does that need software on it

the program loaded i entered my box info an it seen it and log in then i when to install the 4 files an it when off an closed

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
AS I said, you have a lot of reading and learning to do. Once you have installed the driver depencies and the driver itself for the Omnikey you then must create a specific NewCS configuration file to suite your card. To do this you'll need to create a boxkey. Once you have done that you then need to create a CCcam config file to connect to your NewCS. I strongly suggest you use my Config Creator currently in v0.5.4. available in my Blog. It will create your files and FTP them to your box into the correct locations based on the information you give it.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
telnet now switched on this is what has been lettig me down

thanks b16mcc so do i need to put software on my key reader aswell

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
No mate, you don't program the omnikey.
You need to write specific config files for both NewCS and CCcam. They are both totally useless without them.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
B16MCC done what you told me and transfered and still nothing still black screens

well thats ok then as i done all what you told me to do plug the usb key in and make my box key and files and transfered them over and still nothing has come up

wait i missed somethink out which i did ask how to do as my telnet wernt working how do i put this on

<type>pcsc</type>

<node>0</node>

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
STOP posting multiple items one after the other.

Two or three succinct comments in ONE post is far better. If you think of something else use the edit function

As you can see we have been merging some of your posts and we are starting to get fed up of your posting style.

To go back to an esarlier post - did you get the card working in the internal card reader?? If not you are wasting your time with the omniwotsit.

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
You cannot manage a dreambox without telnet or putty. Get those now!

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
well i done everything that needed to be done so if i try in my box now and works then i just need to set up the key reader agen

i have it on my vista now still no tv even from slot on dreambox
what have i done wrong

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
Have you selected "CCcam 2.1.2 and NewCS 1.67" as your cam in the blue panel and restarted the cam?

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
run then type telnet and my ip

type - ipkg install /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk

it says no such file or directory
nothing to be done
an error ocured return value 4
collected error
cannot find package /tmp/libusb_0.1.12-r0_mipsel.ipk
check the spelling or perhap run ipkg update

yes i restarted it about 10 times

also what does this mean and how do i do it as i missed it out

<type>pcsc</type>

<node>0</node>

for the 3 or 4 time

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
You have to edit those lines in newcs.xml. Do you read ANY of the help that you have been given on this thread?
Go back and read the tutorial - it is quite clear as to where these lines need to be edited or even better use B16MCC config generator as it will take care of that for you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I give up.

Its quite obvious you arent reading any of the help threads or taking note of any of the comments we are making to try and help you

:toke:

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
just wish someone would make something that you just installed put the ip address in of the box and it fix it up and it works after like 10 to 20mins can none of you make this sort of thing

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
I wish you would read the explicit information on this thread!
Can you do that!

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
also reflashing for the 3rd time today take a hour each time to do this so i have a hour to waste then ill have to start it agen

Analoguesat sorry but i dont no how to add this to the above because i dont no where edit is on here all i have is quote mutli quote and quick reply

shumifan50 do you think i am stupid i am not advanced as any of you who have it done and must be laffing as you can do it in 20mins well come to my house and do it then if you can and ill pay you

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
SKY supply a fully functional set top box for people like you. They install it and it works. I think you should sell your dreambox and go down that route. Open source is where people spend a lot of their time writing software and helping each other. It is NOT a place you demand anything - you are grateful for what you get and you try to gain knowledge so you can contribute. I think the people on this thread have been VERY patient and you should now be left on your own as you dont read what you should and dont follow advice or tutorials.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
yes i would do that but were in a bad place for money and i dont want to be paying £50 odd then another £30 each month for a extra 3 boxes would you do that

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
I do in actual fact pay my full subs for what I have. I use the DMs to play with and educate myself. CS is not for avoiding paying subscription and this forum will not support that, so I think now you are REALLY on your own.

scousa80

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
no i pay my full sub on hd so dont be saying stuff like i am not paying i just want to multi room it but not pay extra per month

or even a video would be good so i can watch it to make sure i am doing it correct that all as when you have been reading for nearly 24hours its starts getting annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.