can anyone please help me

chem123

Reaction score
hi i have bought a full system dish reciver motor but no cams do i need these cams when i setup my dish and reciver will i still get channels without cams

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Hi Chem123 welcome to the forum
There is a lot of information here to assist you in setting up your system. Are you intending doing the whole lot yourself including dish mounting and alignment?? If so then you will have a lot of reading to do, but if you have any
particular questions then there are lots of members available to help you. To be brief the answer is no you do not need cams to set up and there are many (FTA free to air) channels available. Which satellite were you intending setting up with initially?

chem123

Reaction score
i want to do astra and i want to get the live footy on a saturday i got a 1metre dish and motor1.2 i am getting i guy who fits them to point it for me just woundered if i will get the footy on a saturday

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The mistake people make is to rush things. Ok you would like to watch football on Saturday, we all would like to but it is not as easy as throwing up a dish and switching on. Yes you may need cams and cards to watch football but that was not the question you asked initially. You asked will you still get channels without cams, the answer is yes. It may be better to first of all ensure you have a working set up then, ensure you can find the satellite that transmits the football and take the necessary steps to succeed. As I mentioned there are many people here to help and meany threads to be read before running for the finish post.
I should have asked are you intending purchasing a subscription to Sky on Astra 28.2deg? as this is the only way you will be able to watch footy on that satellite, since their encrytion has not been exploited and is not likely to be. Also you have not mentioned what receiver you have purchased, thus it is not possible to tell at this stage if what you have purchased is suitable as a sky box or what embedded cams it contains if any