Can anyone please identify my Galaxis box?

Basi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM-6900 HD Compo Super, Galaxis JSTV (Galaxis Matrix CI S-CW),
1m dish.
My Location
Islington, London
Hi everyone!

My apologies if this isn't the right forum, but it's about as close as I could find.

I reckon I've spent at least 8 hours trying to work out what my receiver is before posting here, so please be gentle with this sat-newbie. ;-)

I found my Galaxis brick dumped and bought a stone-age Sky dish (with LN:cool: for a fiver. I finally got round to buying some cable and connectors off eBay and a screech-owl sat-finder to point the dish. This 'state of the art' setup now proudly perches on my fan stand. Sorry if I've made you all jealous. ;)

It seems like an IQg Matrix S, but I think that uses an ARM7 CPU. Anyway, here's what might help...

2 CI
1 card slot
3 SCART
LNB In
LNB Out
RS232 serial port
SPDIF plus L and R audio sockets
RF In (Belling F)
RF Out (Belling M)
The "CE" label number is JSTV 1901492207003063
Power socket "42W Max"
nb. It's all black and the power switch and "DV3" on the door in front are both bottom left.

Inside...

Motherboard etched "DVB-STB Rev 1.2"
CPU Texas TMX320AV7111GFN
PSU "Astec Model AA21500"
Tuner "BSRV2-305A"

I found it preset with channels from Astra 1, Astra2 and Hot Bird. Those I can pick up through the trees are fine. It would be fun to have a remote for it though -and maybe even a manual!

If anyone can help me identify it, I'd be really grateful. After all, until I've screwed up flashing it, I'll have no incentive to buy a Humax. :-)

Any subjective info about it would be appreciated too. eg, sensitivity, tweakability, versatility.

Many thanks if you've read this far -.and are still awake.

Cheers,

Basil

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum Basil

Never heard of it to be honest but have a look at this thread you may recognise it and report back, I'm off to bed now

_http://www.satclones.com/history_of_sat/Receiver/galaxis.htm

Try doing a search for it using the forum search there are threads about galaxis models, some are in Portuguese, but well that is what google translate is for

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not a bad receiver, but it is unlikely that you'll gain anything by flashing it, as at present there is only Digitv on 1W and a couple of stray channels elsewhere available to patched receivers and that is soon to disappear.

Basi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish.
My Location
Islington, London
Thank you for the welcome Topper. That site was the most useful of all I checked, but still left me scratching my head. Someone in a French forum said that the IQg series was purely for Japanese PTV, so if they're right it's unlikely to be that.
I've had a look at the other Galaxis threads, but no joy yet.

Rolf... You've cheered me up by saying "Not a bad receiver". I figured it might be ok-ish, since its owner had stored channels from 3 different sats, rather than just Astra 28.2E.

I wouldn't (try to) flash it without a good reason, so thanks also for letting me know that there isn't one!

I'll carry on crossing my fingers!

Cheers,

Basil

Basi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m dish.
My Location
Islington, London
Resolved-ish!

Thank you again Topper. It turns out that IQg has nothing to do with Nippon Sat, but JSTV does. If any Japanese can afford the subscription, I'll happily swap my box for an equivalent. It goes against the grain to have a facility I can't use, when someone else might really want it.

I've also ordered an original remote for it. It finally dawned on me that UK eBay only provides English language search results. "ebay.de" was the solution!

Gotta go... I'm washing the cat and he's on the final spin cycle. <eg>

Thanks again,

Dodgy Basil