can anyone recommend an LNB...

radicalrad

Reaction score
can someone recommend an LNB for my system i am getting together
for use in spain
dreambox 7020 with moteck 2100a motor dish is ging to be at least a 1.2 i think so i need a little advice as to what LNB i would be best using..
thanks guys again..

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It'll depend on what you want to receive, where in Spain you are going and what dish you actually end up using, the Dreambox does not have the most sensitive of tuners either, so if you are looking for BBC and ITV coverage, you need to be very careful on your equipment choice.

radicalrad

Reaction score
rolfw said:
It'll depend on what you want to receive, where in Spain you are going and what dish you actually end up using, the Dreambox does not have the most sensitive of tuners either, so if you are looking for BBC and ITV coverage, you need to be very careful on your equipment choice.

at the moment i am looking to get sky (bbc itv and maybe the basic channels )and 19.2 deg digital+ if possible and then to expand that at as i get a bit better at it.can i get both those on the same LNB?I will be up in the hills around martos...not bought the dish yet but i am told i will need at least a 1mtr dish

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry have no idea where Martos is, try looking at the reports on www.astra2d.co.uk . You will not get more than one satellite on a single LNB, but you can possibly add an offset LNB for Astr 19.2.

radicalrad

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Sorry have no idea where Martos is, try looking at the reports on www.astra2d.co.uk . You will not get more than one satellite on a single LNB, but you can possibly add an offset LNB for Astr 19.2.

what even on a motorised system.....?
martos north of granada

elgreco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starsat 3500CUCI Super, 140cm Dish, SuperJack 18' Heavy Duty Actuator, SuperJack Positioner, Infinity USB Phoenix, and loads of legacy equipment all over the place...
My Location
Greece
You could try the Inverto 0.3db, which is a quite sensitive LNB, the Sharp, or the Philips (these three have provided me with good quality signals compared to other brands I've tried). Bear in mind though that you need to pair the LNB to a dish. This means that a very good LNB might not be cooperating as good to a dish that you put it on to (for instance on my configuration, with a 1.4x1.6 motorized dish I tried the Philips 0.1db which turned out to be less good than the Inverto 0.3db). What I would do in your place is that I would get a dish and start experimenting on different brands and models of LNB's to find which one suits me best.

Good luck

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
radicalrad said:
what even on a motorised system.....?
martos north of granada

Oops sorry, missed the motor bit.:rolleyes: :)

Looks like a good quality 1.2 or bigger will get most of what you want, the only fly in the ointment may be the Dreambox as said earlier. Many people swear by the Invacom quad LNB, seems to handle the Astra 2D signals well, although there are now many alternatives, most of which have been discussed in this section. :)

Also advisable to use a 36v motor to power the quality 1.2/1.x metre dish and something like a V-Box to interface with the Dreambox, as DiseqC motors are probably a little lightweight for the job..