My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Hi all
Been asked this question on another forum but i dont know the answer.
Can anyone tell me the software that was used to decode the old sky analogue on a tv card, as i am not sure what it was called.

Cheers
Lee

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Its the actual software name that i need m8 to decode the encryption.I have been looking round the net and found references to 'Season7' and 'Phoenix' software.Are these the ones that were used to decode Videocrypt ?

Maybe RolfW or one of the other old foggies will know :D (Only joking m8 lol)

Thanks all

Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I was trying to think what the name was Lee, must confess to not having ever been the beneficiary of Free Sky, so never usid it myself, but it was probably something like Windecrypt or Wallbanger, I believe that they used a season.

R

robbins1940

lee32uk said:
Its the actual software name that i need m8 to decode the encryption.I have been looking round the net and found references to 'Season7' and 'Phoenix' software.Are these the ones that were used to decode Videocrypt ?

Maybe RolfW or one of the other old foggies will know :D (Only joking m8 lol)

Thanks all

Lee

Sorry then I misunderstood what you were asking.

Can't help you then as I never used it as I paid for my sky viewing.

David

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Windecrypt definitely sounds familiar, but then a lot of the techniques at the time relied on cloning of cards (or at least preventing the timing of the card from spoiling the viewing pleasure)

Videocrypt decoders were disabled by use of a zener diode to prevent destructive voltages 'spiking' the dodgy cards

jimmie7856

Reaction score
for tv tuner card you maybe thinking or HVcPlus or HNcplus what ever your system is.

tell me more about this zener diode please

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The Zener diode was a modification made to the standalone decoder boxes (ferguson SVA1 slopers) . BSKYB in the day could authorise a 30V (I think) voltage pulse on one pin of the card to render it useless, the diode preventied the spike from doing the damage, thereby extending the life of doctored and alternative decryption cards

Nismo400R

Follow, Follow
Reaction score
My Location
Manchester UK
Prior to issue 06 of the Sky cards, the cards were commonly ST1834 microcontrollers. These were cards with EPROM memory. They required a programming voltage of approximately 21 Volts to write to the card. Once Sky activated the card, all you had to do was to make sure that the voltage on the programming pin Vpp was never allowed to rise near 21 Volts again. This involved fitting a 15 Volt Zener Diode and a resistor on the Vpp line to limit the voltage.

jimmie7856

Reaction score
ok so if i have a 03 card for videocrypt, i could put in 15w zener diode and what resistor? and that will stop them from deactivating the card? my project is to activate a card and to put in a blocker.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK

jimmie7856

Reaction score
i have a 03 smartcard i want to activate and then block from deactivation

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I also thought there was no channel using Videocrypt any more.

Going back in time I seem to remember there was a card with 16C84 and a 24C65. Don't know what software was on it though. Then it was possible to use a card (Season card?) connected to the serial port of your PC (minimum 286!) and you ran Voyager or Season software, together with suitable keys, to decrypt $ly.

PaulR

jimmie7856

Reaction score
yes in NZ. we still have 4 uhf channels, I am looking to activate the old cards,

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Was Videocrypt ever cracked?

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I think the software was called Voyager, before that I remember it being called Season and a number like Season90 or something.

Decrypt was the DOS based version which became Windecrypt - both did seca and D2Mac as well.

Neil

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
I still have a few versions of Paul Arnold's Decrypt - I think it does videocrypt. Try a google search for more info.

Neil