can circular channels work on technomate TM-5300 D+ M2 USB Super+

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
how to set up and program circular lnb on TM-5300 D+ M2 USB Super+
My Location
London
Hi guys, just having little problem. Can not figure out how to get circular channels especially Russian in UK. I installed single circle LNB and diseq switcher, but can not figure out how to program on my technomate, it also has only H & V do not know how to set up into L & R. does any one know how to program it on my technomate TM-5300 D+ M2 USB Super+. I'm also using 1.2m motorised dish

thanks in advance everyone. :D

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
hi - as captain jack said if its K/u circular at 36 east you want -- its not viable here in the u.k. --
or is it C band circular you are trying for ? ------ at 49 east maybe ?-- can u give some more info -

if it is -- i,v tried with 1.2 here in north west uk and could not receive anything --
a 1.8 dish will get some of the channels ok though from here --
if you are using a C band L.n.b.--- it needs a dielectric plate in it for circular signals --
you will need to set the receiver for a C band L.n.b. -- with a lo frequency of 05150
not sure how your technomate menu will display this setting, receivers vary - but it will be there ----
right circular is V -- and left is H --

regards nelson.b.

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks for replies. I am actually using C-band circular for 36east at the moment. to be more precise I am using Circular (for Russia) /
Inverto Red Single Circular LNB, 0.3d.
on normal universal Lnb I can get signal for 36east and found some channels on H&V but can not figure out on Circular lnb on my technomate from the menu. once I figure out how to use circular lnb from my technomate then I will try to find other sat that has russian circular channels. but at the moment I am stuck. If its possible I can upload pictures of technomate menu for circular part where it asks paremets such as 05150. I have never done it before so I do not know much of it. appreciate your helps guys. If 36east is not possible which one can I get that has russian Circular channels?

Moderation: please do not embed links - see forum rules.

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
Strong 4375 driving 1.8 C.M. offset + Inverto Black Ultra twin + BSC 421 and Zinwell C band l.n.b.,s - DR HD F15 - TM5302 and Skybox/Openbox M3 - HD receivers.+ other dishes in use - 2.4 CM offset - Alcoa 1.8 P.F. - C.M. 120.
My Location
north west yorkshire
hi --
just to clarify (and correct me if i,m wrong ) i,v included -- below -- a picture of the l.n.b. i "think" you are using -- if so its a k/u l.n.b. -- and "would" be ok for the k/u/ circular signals from 36 east -- there are no C band signals listed from that sat.(also C band requires an altogether different l..n.b.)
the problem is that in the uk we are not "inside the coverage area" for the russian Circular channels -- as C.J. stated you would need a massive dish to get a signal ,
the channels you are getting from this satellite will be from another coverage beam and are probably normal H or V signals --
your receiver will not need to be especially set for circular -- as it will interpret an - R channel as V
and a L channel as H. automatically .

looking at the details of the l.n.b. - to give correct frequency details for the channels you receive , it will need it will need to be set as a single - K/U l.n.b lo- 10750 -- i,m not familiar with your technomate model but enclosed is a pic from an old technomate receiver showing how it would be set for that l.n.b

hope this helps --

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks for your replies. So I'm guessing I will not be able to pick up 36East circular channels. do you guys know which one I can pick up? is it possible 49E to pick up in london? before I will try to search for different sat, I want to make sure I have set it up the right way and it programmed in right way too. Thank you Nelson for uploading pictures, I think you are right and I do have Ku-band LNB. I have taking pictures of my technomate 5300D+ sat setup menu and also the way I have put two Lnbs on my dish, I want to make sure its right way, as it is my first time to set up Circular LNB. Thanks in advance guys
View attachment 43548 View attachment 43549

nelson_b

nelson_b

Contributor
My Satellite Setup
My Location
north west yorkshire
hi -
yes they both are K/u l.n.b,s
the picture of the l.n.b setup suggests that you are trying to receive from 2 different satellites ,that are placed just a few degrees apart --is this the case? -- - is your dish fixed - or motorised ? and are you using a switch of some kind to select which l,n,b is in use ?
what channels/frequencies have you managed to receive ?
sorry for all the questions but we need more info in order to assist in any way :)

circular k/u transmission is unusual , --and as far as i am aware 36 east is the only european satellite that carries that type of transmission the rest are regular k/u

49 east is a C band only satellite - and would require a different l.n.b. / feed arrangement --
and a much larger dish as c band signals are generally much weaker than k/u/ :(
the strong C band transmissions at 40 east have recently stopped transmitting - a pity as they had russian channels ---

i think there are a few on 13 east and 53 east in regular k/u/ band that may be of interest -
i think perhaps " captain jack " will have more knowledge of the content on these channels ---

regards nelson.b.

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
I actually have one c-band and one Ku-band lnbs, I use one for normal H&V channels and second one I want to for circular channels. I am using diseq switcher and motorized dish. At the moment I have 1.2m and can watch channels on Hotbird,sirius,turksat,Express 53, thor, amos and astra. I am receiving all the channels sats which I have listed. The signal is quite strong. As they are many circular channels on russian I have decided to also watch russian channels on circular polarization. I have installed it as shown on picture with diseqc switcher, but can not figure out how to program it on my technomate. not sure what parameters to use. as I have tried to work it out could not figure out how to make it work. thanks for your help guys, if anymore information required please ask me more. the picture I have uploaded is for my technomate menu sat setup, thats where I got stuck, as I am not sure what how to program so It will use circular lnb when I be watching circular channels and other one for H&V channels. at the moment I am still using Diseq switcher, when I want to change sat to watch H&V channels it automatically uses right lnb. so please guys hope you have more experience setting up circular channels as it is my first time.

Regards

Markus

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I think you're confusing C-band and circular channels.

1) You will not receive Russian channels from 36E using circular polarisations no matter what LNB you have, simply because the dish size required in the UK is prohibitive. Forget them.
2) C band channels on 49E require a different LNB from the one you have - they are also broadcast using circular polarisations but, again, you need a larger dish (1.5m minimum, 1.8m should be enough). You *may* be able to get away with a 1.2m dish but nelson_b tried it and wasn't receiving anything up north.
3) Your other potential option is 75E. This satellite is very low in the sky but is visible in London. You seem to be located relatively high up on a balcony. Can you check using dishpointer to see if you have a line of sight of 75E? This has a good Russian package on there (Raduga).

Channels on 13E are generally useless as they are international versions of the "real" channels (think BBC Prime/Entertainment in Europe). But are OK if you want to watch shows etc. Don't expect sports.

53E is a decent satellite and offers a couple of "real" channels but Channel 1 is for ex-USSR countries so isn't the real one broadcast in Russia. 5E has some Russian channels as well, aimed at the Baltic counties - they are OK and offer a compromise between Russian and European versions of a lot of channels. There are also a number of Ukrainian ones.

16E has some Moldavian versions of Channel 1, STS and TNT.

Amos 4W is generally Ukrainian focused but lots of shows are broadcast in Russian.

If you want to see some real Russian channels without the hassle of satellite TV then there's always Kartina TV or Sovok TV via internet. You can buy a number of "set top boxes" (I have Dune HD) which work with these and, if your internet connection is over 6mbit then you'll get a good choice of channels and the picture quality is very comparable to "live" broadcasts. If you have over 10mbit, you'll get a number of HD channels as well.

Good luck.

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks nelson for your replies.

I will try some of sats, I believe I should be able to pick up 75E and 16E, but I don't think I be able to I be able to pick up 4W as my disk gets blocked by a wall when I try to find it. Thank you very much. As you mentioned it about internet sats, do you have a website I can have a look at it.

Big Thanks

Markus

Captain Jack

Captain Jack

Модератор
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
-http://kartina.tv/ a little pricey but a nice selection of channels
-http://sovok.tv/ cheap and cheerful but again has a good selection of channels. Maybe not as high a quality as Kartina though.
-http://rodnoe.tv/ Somewhere between the above but you don't seem to get some of the main channels such as TNT, STS and Ren TV.

M

markustamoev

My Satellite Setup
My Location
London
thanks for the links and advises, really appreciate it.

regards

Markus