Can Dreambox do Conax? TV1000, Thor, Sirius etc.

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
I'm willing to pay to get Swedish channels, I've read that I'll need a Conax cam, and official card for the stuff on Thor. NDS card for the Viasat stuff on Sirius. Where do I get these official cards? Do I really need a conax cam? I thought the dreambox could do that stuff without hardware. :confused

I'm just a bit disappointed with SVT Europa being the only Swedish channel I can watch.. Anybody know where can I get a legit card to get me TV1000?

Ive been searching constantly and am now suitably confused. Tried looking at most of the internet satellite shops in the hope that one of them would sell a card for these chans. It's frustrating, especially as I'm willing to go legit for once! :D

On the other hand if anybody knows of any pirate way of achieving this goal, with card writers or such...please tell, as I'm in this for the hobby aswell.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If you're watching Swedish channels presuambly you speak Swedish, so have you looked on Swedish sites for sub cards?

w w w . google.se/

tonguedv

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised Triax 88 Dish, DP6600 VBox, Dreambox 7020S with 200gb hd, Linksys Router WRT54GS & Linksys Bridge WET54G. ADSL Internet.
My Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
mhku: Trying to learn Swedish, which is part of the reason I'm interested in getting these chans...by legit card (or otherwise). google.se is a good suggestion, I often attempt to use it, with limited success as my Swedish isnt so good. I keep trying though. Hopefully theres a place I havent found that sells to UK specifically yet it seems unlikely or they'd all be doing it.

edit:

Good news: _http://www.digitalsales.co.uk/official_cards.htm

Bad news: The bloody price... Farewell to Scandinavian TV. A backwards step for mankind. Perhaps there will be another method.....Broadband TV.... I have no idea if that's even possible, but given the price of a Viasat Card.. the satellite method is surely out of reach for most. I could fly to Sweden and watch tv there for cheaper.

Very upset...

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member