Can i buy an english skydigibox and use a sky digital ireland card?

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi my name is Tony,
is it possible to buy a skydigibox from uk and get a smart card from Ireland?
Will both work? or i need to buy a skydigibox and a card in ireland?
Thank u so much
Tony

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Hi Tony,

If you mean get a UK digibox and Irish Republic card, register the two together and use them (somewhere) then that should work fine.

However if there is still an active UK Sky sub registered to the UK digibox you may have problems getting the Irish card activated.

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Razor said:
Best just to get box and card from Ireland.

See www.buyandsell.net lots of ex sub Irish boxes there.

thank you so much Razor,
do u know any website in ireland where i can buy a brand new Digibox like a Panasonic tu dsb30 or a Pace 2600?
thank u
Tony

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
There is some new stuff in the link above.

Go to categories, sound and vision, tv and sat.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
ynot62 said:
thank you so much Razor,
do u know any website in ireland where i can buy a brand new Digibox like a Panasonic tu dsb30 or a Pace 2600?
thank u
Tony

You'll be unlikely to find a brand new TUDSB30, they were superceded a long time ago.

ynot62

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
rolfw said:
You'll be unlikely to find a brand new TUDSB30, they were superceded a long time ago.

Hi Rolfw,
i have a question.
If i go to Ireland to get an irish card, i will be able to buy a good Sky digibox Ireland? as far as i red here in the forum, everybody says that the best digibox for fringe areas are Panasonic tu dsb 30 or PAce 2600, and I was wondering if i can get those in Ireland. If I cant find them in Ireland and im so lucky i can get them in Uk, will i be able to use the skydigibox bought in Uk with an Irish Card?
Or the skydigibox has to be made for the Irish card system?
I still dont understand if the sky digiboxes are different for the irish and Uk market or if it is the smart card which makes the different between the Irish EPG and the English EPG.
I hope I was able to explane what my question is..
Thank you so much in advance for any help..
Tony

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
When sky give you a digibox they post code it...IE If you are in Scotland the box knows that you should have BBC 1 (scot ) and not BBC 1 ( NI ) also the same for the ITV channels...IE ....UTV for NI.....HTV for Wales....LTW for South ENG.

But if you get a box from Ireland you will not get any ITV channels and will instead get RTE, NET2, TV3, and TNG. And as the box was post coded for IRE it is set so as not to clear any ITV channels.

An Irish card can be paired to a uk box but a call would have to be made to SKY. You would have to call from an Irish number they might ask where you got the box as when you give the box S- number they see right away that it was at one time a UK box.

Also the EPG is differant for each POST CODE area....IE 101=RTE but in the UK 101=BBC1.

Hope some of this helps.