Can i do anything with my old sky box and dish?

roadrage

My Satellite Setup
90cm Triax with Twin LNB's, Manhattan Starlight MX
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
I have just had a new system and i am planning to stop my subscription with sky to perhaps replace it with freeview? Question is can i use the existing sky equipment to watch free channels i.e bbc and ITV etc?

Thanks in advance

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
roadrage said:
I have just had a new system and i am planning to stop my subscription with sky to perhaps replace it with freeview? Question is can i use the existing sky equipment to watch free channels i.e bbc and ITV etc?

Thanks in advance
for a £20 one off payment you can get a freesat card from sky:
from _http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=6

"I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need? All you need to get access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a freesat viewing card which costs just £20."

you don't need this for BBC, just ITV and CH4 etc.

-cts

roadrage

My Satellite Setup
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
closetosoton said:
for a £20 one off payment you can get a freesat card from sky:
from _http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=6

"I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need? All you need to get access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a freesat viewing card which costs just £20."

you don't need this for BBC, just ITV and CH4 etc.

-cts
Thanks for that info i'll look into that! But with reference to "I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need? i have another setup - a Triax dish, manhattan reciever and a dragon cam, just wanted to know what other equipment i may need if any to ensure my continual viewing

Thanks again

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
If you are stopping your $ly subscription then presumably you already have a $ly card in the digibox. If so, when your subs ceases then your card will effectively be the same as a Freesat card and you will be able to watch ITV1, ITV2, C4 and Five with the digibox.

PaulR

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
And your Dragon CAM, if kept updated will enable watching of most of what else is available.

roadrage

My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
rolfw said:
And your Dragon CAM, if kept updated will enable watching of most of what else is available.
Thanks for the advice guys, Rolf how do you update a dragon cam? I know you have to buy a CAS of some sort but what is the procedure?

Thanks again