Can i have your opinions on the following equipment?

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Triax with Twin LNB's, Manhattan Starlight MX
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Dreambox 7020-S receiver(embedded dragon cam),
Triax TD78 80cm dish with Triax 20 degree Multi LNB kit

I am new to this game and have little experience in satellites apart from Sky. I am just about ready to purchase the above. I need french channels, so i thought that getting multiple LNBs will allow me to recieve as many french channels as possible, am i right?. I have a sony wega tv about four years old. Will the digital channels i recieve be viewable in colour or do i need a secam to pal convertor?

Thanks

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Moved your post from the DTT section to the digital sat section. :)

Two LNB's or a monoblock will get you a good selection of channels from Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E. Plenty of French channels, some FTA and more on subscription.

Check out www.lyngsat.com to see exactly what's available.

STICK

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dragon Cam, Sly Dish, Freeview Reciever, Three TV's , Phillips Wireless TV Links, PS2, PC Laptop and hoping to grow.
My Location
West Midlands
Thanks but i might stick with 4 lnbs for the extra channels that might be out there any suggestiong for where to point for other channels such as prem football etcc?

Thanks

roadrage

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
West Midlands
I'm possibly going to change to a motorised system instead of multi LNB's. Am i likely to experience major complications?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Just check you have good line of sight to other satellites you intend to receive, to make the most of going motorised.

Llew

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Definitely go for the motor, an Moteck SG-2100 would be a good choice. There is very little free to air french programming available, there are a few on 5W in analogue, the Dreambox would be no good for these, but it appears that they are all there in digital now http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/France.html.

PS. Digital channels are not affected by regional TV standards.
PPS. The Dreambox does not have an embedded Dragon Cam, it has a choice of installable emulators/softcams, this is often incorrectly stated by the box shifters.