Can I just say I am Bl**dy sick of

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
Lewis Hamilton, Yes he's a great driver but the media coverage of him is just too much.
There are another 3 brits on the grid who barely get a mention and ohbyes the world champion also drives for a uk team but he never gets mentioned....
I am a long term F1 fan but to be honest I would rather have shuey back than Hamilton.....
What are your views?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
He obviously merits good coverage, but as normal, they go totally over the top. They'll be saying he deserves a Knighthood soon. ;)

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
probably if he wins at Silverstone, it just seem the British media are a little and it's not too strong a word racist.....
There are Fantastic drives in F1 a lot of the time, Alonso, Raikennen, Coulthard and most definitly last race Kubica after that well scary crash but the media are all over Lewis just cos he's a Brit doing well....
Well that me done anyone else want the soap box :-doh2

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
The media are going OTT, but if he wins the World Championship in his first season, his definitely the best young sportsmen in the country. It has to be said though that he does have the best car under him, more or less.

Button has wasted his talent at a s*** team, Coulthard is an old-timer (although according to him his as good as Hamilton), and Davidson is doing great but his in a comparatively slow car.

The strange thing is, I've found Fernando Alonso the most entertaining driver this season!

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
So if you were to stick all the F1 drivers of new and old in a Maclaren all at the same time who would win?
I think DC would be up there around the top....
Schuey too but I think Mikka would be the fastest of them all...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Don't agree there at all I'm afraid, LH is not just brilliant he is raw talent with a very mature head owing to the fact he has been nurtured by Mclaren for the last 10 years. Even the master himself Schumaker has had to admit he is a complete phenomena.
DC has always been a good driver with the right equipment but rarely an exceptional driver. LH on the other hand whilst he is obviously going to fail at one or more race in the future has already bettered any record of any F1 driver in history in his first season but that is because since the age of 8 he has dedicated his whole life to the sport 24/7/365 and has had the right level of support from his family and Mclaren which is something others have not had.

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
(mean mad merciless mod"
Obviously) hehe Lewis does for F1 what Stock Aitkin & Waterman did for pop music ! yes he delivers but is he not manufactured.... is it not expected... when you talk of raw talent you are reminisant of juan pablo montoya whilst a fantastic driver who also delivered a real performance of undertaking the current F1 king never amounted to much in F1 yet still a great racer in other sports....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I agree as did many other American racers, seems strange thought that F1 drivers can go over there and wipe the floor with them at there own game beit Indie Car or Champ (as was). Never have really worked that one out.

LH is a marketing dream and sponsors are queueing up to sign him up.
Santander became the sponsors at Mclaren presumably because they are a Spanish company and Alonso is a Spaniard but who is on the TV advert LH

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
If your sick hearing it,turn over and watch Moto GP instead,far more entertaining:-righton

linsladeboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
Gibertini 85cm aluminium dish
5 LNBS - 28E/23E/19/E/13E/9E
My Location
Bedfordshire
ITV paid millions of pounds for rights to F1 so they're making the most of a British driver doing well to attract the audiences;)
I for one can't stand the infernal and constant mouthing off from James Allen and his cronies)(
Watch it on RTL, RAI or TSR1 or Premiere, that's what I do ;)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I have got to say I am surprised people feel so strongly at praise being given to a newly found obviously talented F1 driver by TV commentators. I find it quite strange that halfway through the season people are fed up of hearing about him. I personally find it very gratifying that so far in to the season they are still heaping praise on him, however when he does fail or his car does then I am sure we will see a completely different story, the only thing to remember is that they will still be talking about him albeit in a negative manner.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
There is a typically English disease going on here...lets slate someone doing well...be it born out of Jealousy,boredom or a love of seeing someone fall I don't know.

Why can't we be glad we have an exceptional talent at our fingertips who has dedicated his life since the age of 8 to his chosen vocation . (Most of us havent a clue til the age of 16).

Enjoy Lewis Hamilton while it lasts because the same people whining about the coverage and saying how over hyped he is are probably the same people who whinged and moaned about Michael Schumacher winning everything and wished he would bugger off!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well if you weigh up all of the posts, it is only mrminibus who dislikes hearing about Hamilton, not sure about linsladeboy, I think he just dislikes the babble from the commentators.

All I dislike is the way the press and media constantly over egg the pudding when it comes to our rising stars, so much so that it often works against them in the long run.

It must be very annoying for other F1 drivers when being interviewed, that all the British press want to ask them is how good they think Hamilton is.

staffspeted

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 driven by Supermount SMR 1224 mount.
V-Box 11
Triple Dragon Linux Receiver.
Vantage VT-X221TSCI Blindscan Receiver.
Diablo Wireless cam and base.
42" Panasonic Plasma.
50" Pioneer Kuro Plasma
Lots of boys toys!
My Location
Herts , UK
rolfw said:
It must be very annoying for other F1 drivers when being interviewed, that all the British press want to ask them is how good they think Hamilton is.

The British press do this in all sports it must be said!!
Paulo Maldini was interviewed after knocking Man Utd out of the Champions league and all they wanted to ask was what he thought of Man U's bad luck in Europe!!!!:-Nooo

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I like Hamilton. First of all, he seems to be a REAL talent. And one thing that I always disliked about so called great champions like Senna and Schumacher is that they had a HUGE character flaw. I could never cheer drivers like these, their perspevtives were always so twisted. I was a huge fan of true Gentleman driver Damon Hill and Mika Hakkinen who showed that you can be good without cheating.
LH hasn't won anything yet, but I am sure he will be champion soon - and the good thing is that he seems to be a nice, polite and not arrogant. So if the press go mad, it is understandable.
P.S. I also think part of the craze is that he is the first black top driver - which is nice as it seemed strange that in all motoracing there are never any black top driver or rider.

PJ02

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2m CM, 36v Positioner, DB7020Si.
Diablo, CAS3+
My Location
Cheshire
I think Lewis Hamilton is definately good for the sport (if you could call it that) it's the media thats the problem, bring them up and then knock them down. Just look at Tennis where the press is saying isn't it time for Henman to quit. Why the hell should he £10k for first round knock out. I'll take that thanks very much.

I've even found myself watching the F1 just because of hamilton, which is a first as it's only the start and the pit stop that determines the race. It's not like they ever overtake unlike MotoGP where you had Rossi starting in 11th on the grid to win by the end of the race.

Rgds

PJ

misterminibus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kodi
My Location
Lancashire
linsladeboy said:
ITV paid millions of pounds for rights to F1 so they're making the most of a British driver doing well to attract the audiences;)
I for one can't stand the infernal and constant mouthing off from James Allen and his cronies)(
Watch it on RTL, RAI or TSR1 or Premiere, that's what I do ;)

I quite like James and Martin they are quite acurate but it has to be said Murrey Walker who was consistantly wrong but who got you very excited Bring back Murrey thats what I say...

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
mrminibus said:
Bring back Murrey thats what I say...

Oh no he was driving me mad with his never ending stream of high pitched waffling. I mean, he was passionate, good for him, but he was doing my head in. Give me Martin Brundle any day, knows what he is talking about without making you wish your head would explode just to shut Murray up. O-no

linsladeboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402HD
Gibertini 85cm aluminium dish
5 LNBS - 28E/23E/19/E/13E/9E
My Location
Bedfordshire
I've got nothing against Lewis:) I've been following F1 for years and I think it's great to have a coloured racing driver at last;)
It's ITV as a whole that does my head in:-Nooo It's not just F1 that's O T T )(-red all their programmes seem to be "biggin it up " for something or other. They never have and will never be a patch on BBC for broadcasting Sport or anything else for that matterO-no

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
Im all for it to be honest... yes there are other Brits in F1 but we havent had a driver competing for podium finishes every race since Hill and Mansell.

Looks like the wait is over at last... come on guys, dont let the media put you off LH. lets celebrate the fact we get to see the Union Jack flying at the end of a race ;)

Makes you proud doesnt it :)