Can I load keysd straight into the receiver?

mgyi99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Satellite Receiver
My Location
London
Hi,

I bought a null modem cable and I want to load the SoftCam.key file into my Phoenix Apollo receiver. Does anyone know what software I need to do this and what I am supposed to do to get the keys loaded?

Thank you.

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
I also have 'Key Updater 2', is this the software that I need?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Driller_786

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax ir-ace
hotbird
My Location
London
can someone also please explain how i can do this in a xcruiser xdsr 200 and tell me what software to use pleasee, thanks in advance.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

bmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Phoenix Apollo CI Digital Receiver, Invacom 0.3db Universal LNB, 80cm dish, Manhattan HH100 or 120 motor (not sure which one)
My Location
London, UK
i managed to find a file containing the key updater, softcam file and instructions for the Phoenix file, so I should be able to go ahead and do it now, but I just have one question before I go and do it.

The instructions say to turn off my box and then turn it on when the transfer process is about to start. Does this sound right? Wouldn't the box need to be turned off throughout the process? I'm just being cautious in case I mess up the box, if thats even possible. And after i've done it, should the keys be populated in the hidden menu? Thanks for your help.

robloman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1M DISH TECHNOMATE 5000CI
My Location
DEVON UK
i did mine last week having done the same with a manhattan before that and it all works great so go ahead