Can sky freesat card be used in Diablo cam?

clubsms

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Canaldigital CDC-7000 st
My Location
Finland
I need to know if it is possible to get a uk freesat card to work in a diablo cam. What software is needed? I have a sky yellow house card and a sky box for updating the codes once every 6 weeks.

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
clubsms said:
I need to know if it is possible to get a uk freesat card to work in a diablo cam. What software is needed? I have a sky yellow house card and a sky box for updating the codes once every 6 weeks.

I have 2 Sky cards, an FTV and a 4 mix card, and can confirm that both work with Diablo and any recent version of Stealth. No special settings required.

Edit - Just to clarify I am referring to Sky Uk.

raptordog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM ci +.....Diablo
My Location
UK
As Far as I know, there is only the t/rex cam along with a couple of programmable linux boxes, possibly a cc cam that will work if you wish to use your valid paid subscription card in another box.O-no
The Diablo cam regardless of version software is not capable of working with such cards.:)

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402(M2), TBS 6983, Sky+ HD, Stab USALS HH100, Faval 1M, Triax TD54, Hauppauge HD PVR
My Location
Falkirk
raptordog said:
As Far as I know, there is only the t/rex cam along with a couple of programmable linux boxes, possibly a cc cam that will work if you wish to use your valid paid subscription card in another box.O-no
The Diablo cam regardless of version software is not capable of working with such cards.:)

Is your input based on experience or supposition ? Are you saying that my reply is inaccurate or a deliberate attempt to mislead the the original poster ? :confused

Let me reiterate again, I have a Diablo CAM and 2 Sky cards both of which work perfectly well on Stealth levels up to 2.15. I have already reported on the Stealth 2.16 thread that Sky UK support is lost at that level.

raptordog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM ci +.....Diablo
My Location
UK
I do apologise there Ratchet, I jumped the gun a bit (perhaps a little wishful thinking on my behalf) and was certainly not trying to undermine your post, I bit not read the first post thoroughly in respect to the “FREE VIEW” line, yes it is possible to use the Diablo for free view plus the basic family package, problems start when you wish to watch the sports/ movies, I know of many that have gone out and spent their hard earned pennies on the t-rex even though they have already bought the Diablo so to be able to use their pvr boxes to record the premium package channels and over come the sky + issues.
I have so far been unable to overcome the original serial number by which the card is married to the original box it was activated in, I do not know of a way to input the box serial in the Diablo software like you can on the Dragon/t-rex, perhaps you may be able to help on this one Ratchet if you have had any success, also thanks for the heads up on the 2.16 version not working on the nds.
Again sorry for the out burst I stand corrected.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There appear to be some advances being made on this front, see this thread, again though, whether they have solved the keep alive problem, we are yet to find out and it doesn't say whether the CAM which is mentioned in the thread lower down is capable of viewing the premium channels. :)

Ratchet

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Falkirk
raptordog said:
I do apologise there Ratchet, I jumped the gun a bit (perhaps a little wishful thinking on my behalf) and was certainly not trying to undermine your post, I bit not read the first post thoroughly in respect to the “FREE VIEW” line, yes it is possible to use the Diablo for free view plus the basic family package, problems start when you wish to watch the sports/ movies, I know of many that have gone out and spent their hard earned pennies on the t-rex even though they have already bought the Diablo so to be able to use their pvr boxes to record the premium package channels and over come the sky + issues.
I have so far been unable to overcome the original serial number by which the card is married to the original box it was activated in, I do not know of a way to input the box serial in the Diablo software like you can on the Dragon/t-rex, perhaps you may be able to help on this one Ratchet if you have had any success, also thanks for the heads up on the 2.16 version not working on the nds.
Again sorry for the out burst I stand corrected.

OK, I see where you are coming from now. I don't have any Sky premium channels so cant comment on Diablo compatability. I haven't seen anywhere in the CAM menu that even mentions NDS/Videoguard.

I hope the 2.16 problem is fixed on the next release. Don't want to see Sky UK support wither away with subsequent releases. I've read elsewhere that 2.16 supports the latest Sky Italia cards, hopefully the Stealth team can find a way of supporting both in the same level.