can someone give me some advice please

chem123

Regular Member
Messages
26
Likes
0
#1
hi i am gunna install my skystar 2 card in my pc but i have a sky digital dish at the front of my house and a old round sky dish at the side of my house could anyone tell me which one would be the best to connect it up to and will i get alot of channels or not
 

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Messages
14,370
Likes
3,322
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
#2
chem123 said:
hi i am gunna install my skystar 2 card in my pc but i have a sky digital dish at the front of my house and a old round sky dish at the side of my house could anyone tell me which one would be the best to connect it up to and will i get alot of channels or not
hi chem123. Welcome to the Forum.
Either dish will do if they're pointed at Astra 28E - but you will only receive the FTA channels on your Skystar2. Best to get yourself a larger dish with a dual LNB pointed to Hotbird /Astra 19E to get the most out of your PC card.

Llew
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#4
chem123 said:
ok great thanx mate but how will iknow where to point the dish
You will need a compass and maybe a sat finder although, (19e astra 1 & 13e Hotbird) aint that hard to find. 80 cm dish would suit, try and get the largest you can get with your budget 90cm or 1 mt as you might want further channels later on and an 80cm dish might not pull them in.
 

chem123

Regular Member
Messages
26
Likes
0
#5
ok cheers mate for this do ya reackon i will be able to pull the footy channels for the 3oclock games on a saturday
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#6
You may get some of the Multivision channels on Hotbird 13E.
 

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Messages
24,630
Likes
5,372
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK South
#7
Then theres the hidden sports channel on 16 east

or the ones off the 4.2.2 channels on 7 east

The world is your oyster if you know where to point it
 

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Messages
5,145
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
#8
Channel Hopper said:
The world is your oyster if you know where to point it
It'll have to be a very big parabolic oyster... O-Ha
 

chem123

Regular Member
Messages
26
Likes
0
#9
great thanx guys for this cant wait till its all setup im geting a 9ocm dish and motor to go with my skystar 2 card
 

rossy

Regular Member
Messages
151
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
#10
Channel Hopper said:
Then theres the hidden sports channel on 16 east

or the ones off the 4.2.2 channels on 7 east

The world is your oyster if you know where to point it
Ok I give in whats the "hidden" sports channel on 16E and I have never seen any footy on a saturday on 7E in 4.2.2. In fact all i ever seen on 7E has been Champion League EBU feeds
What 4.2.2 feeds am I missing here?
 

rossy

Regular Member
Messages
151
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
#11
chem123 said:
great thanx guys for this cant wait till its all setup im geting a 9ocm dish and motor to go with my skystar 2 card
The old SKY dish on the front of your house is more than likely on Astra 19.2e and could be used to get 13E 16E and 19E with twin LNBs which would give you some sat footy and the occasional non enc feeds on 16e. Just a thought to pursue if ou dont want to go the full motorised option as yet
 

chem123

Regular Member
Messages
26
Likes
0
#12
yeh i want to get the motorised option to go with my skystar2 card does anyone know any good shops where i can get a motorised system i have been looking at a few
 

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
520
Likes
0
#13
chem123 said:
yeh i want to get the motorised option to go with my skystar2 card does anyone know any good shops where i can get a motorised system i have been looking at a few
Best to get the motor later after you get the hang of it all ,because it aint all gravy to start with ,in fact its a rough way to hoe if your a beginner.
 
Top