Can the Irdeto CAM be repaired?

B

B2

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 22-Sep-01 AT 03:42 PM (GMT)]:'( This is the second CAM I load with some .bin file using my laptop, both CAMS didn't take more than two seconds using ird106. for the screen to turn green, I knew there was something wrong because it usually takes about one minute to flash the CAM. When I remove the CAM and insert it again the notebook does not detect it!. When I go to the CAM menu in my Nokia 9600 (DVB2000) I get CI Error1.

The bin file I have used on both CAMs to get this kinda error is:
All113f.bin

Now the questions are:
- Have I damaged my CAMs?
- Is there a way to fix them if they are damaged?
- Is it possible to use DVB2000 with VGRABBER (using sbr file)to flash the CAM since it is not detected by my notebook?

nobbly

Reaction score
My Location
Not in UK
Hi B2,
The good news is that your cam be repaired at a cost of corse.

See http://www.multipage.net/cams/ci-repair.htm

I haven't used this service so I can't say if you should trust them or not...

How did you flash them in the first place if your CAM not being detected by your notebook..??

nobbly:+

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
B2 - which kind of CAM did you try to flash? Most can not be flashed from a laptop.

B

B2

Mine was Flushable I guess!! cuz every time I flush it, I try it on my receiver, CAM menu and it reads the firmware or the software whatever you call it, I succeeded many time to make it read Irdeto FreeCam2 but I don't know if it mean that I had the right file on the right cam!! cuz I was still receiving CI Error message.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
If this is the same problem your other tread in this forum is about, then I'm still not convinced there isn't a problem with your card rather than the CAM. If the CAM is being reported by the receiver as a FreeCAM2 then it has been correctly flashed.

PS
flush = erase
flash = reprogram.