Can there be a worse radio station than Virgin?

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Terrible radio station. In fact, it should be charged under the Trade Descriptions Act, for I wouldn't call it a radio station. Have you ever listened to it for say a week?

Or listened to it for a month, a year, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's the same 24-7.

The same records, played again and again. I wish I had a £1 for every time that dreary record that starts "people in love have..." :-Nooo

I am not kidding but Virgin must have only around 40 records recorded on their computers. Terrible. When you think of the thousands of classic records out there, new and old, that Virgin never ever play, the station should hang its head in shame. :-Nooo

Plus, their DJs are tripe.

I try to avoid it, but I sometimes catch it on my am band as I am searching for Magic.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Saturlight said:
Terrible radio station. In fact, it should be charged under the Trade Descriptions Act, for I wouldn't call it a radio station. Have you ever listened to it for say a week?

Or listened to it for a month, a year, IT DOESN'T MATTER. It's the same 24-7.

The same records, played again and again. I wish I had a £1 for every time that dreary record that starts "people in love have..." :-Nooo

I am not kidding but Virgin must have only around 40 records recorded on their computers. Terrible. When you think of the thousands of classic records out there, new and old, that Virgin never ever play, the station should hang its head in shame. :-Nooo

Plus, their DJs are tripe.

I try to avoid it, but I sometimes catch it on my am band as I am searching for Magic.

Never listened to Virgin as ive always had the assumption the sound quality is tosh.

But i do on the otherhand understand where your coming from.

In Manchester we have Galaxy 102Fm, Same records all the time, Dj's who are boring.. infact more djs have the morning slot than chavs passing through the quick serve till at macdonalds..

I used to find myself listening every morning not because i was a sad silly, but my van at the time didnt have a cd player, now i have a company car i play my own songs and its much better..

I must also say that im sure glad i dont have to listen to "Who's Up" in the morning.. pissing stupid radio stations..

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Thanks for the reply, m8.

Take the Russ Williams show on Virgin every day. That sounds more or less exactly the same every day it's on. He's played the same records for months and months. People think I am joking but I am not.

I am not kidding. He must have seriously, only about 60 records stored on his computer. When you consider how many new records the music industry and independent labels produce every week, the Virgin playlist looks nothing more than a single cassette tape.:eek:

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
Trouble with radio, no subtitles for us who are hard of hearing. Consequently I do not listen to radio.
Parky

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I used to listen to Virgin in the morning when I live up near Stirling 10 years or so back. Listening in the winter was interesting - the signal was forever fading in and out as we were having our breakfast just like the worst excess of Radio Luxembourg.

Havent listened to it since we moved to the Borders and found somewhere to live within the range of the local FM transmitter :-lmao

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
BBC Radio 1 is just as bad musicwise, it's literally the same thing every day, day in day out for the past 3 or 4 years I've listened to it on & off....

I tend not to listen to the AM band, as I cannot stand low-quality audio (why do you think I wanted a Betamax machine??? :p ), And LW, no way.... :-Nooo

I prefer to listen to my own music, cos at least then I get to choose what I listen to, not some overpaid eejit who thinks they're funny...O-no

hedge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Soon heading for the nearest skip.
My Location
SW Algarve. Portugal
If you fly with His Virginess, is it compulsory to listen to his radio station?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I drop in on Virgin every now and then, so don't notice the problem with the limited playlist, I listen on DAB in the vehicle, so don't have a problem with the audio. Most of the time I listen to talk radio like Talk Sport or Five Live.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Radio 2 is going through a bad patch. I counted "A Good Heart" by Fergal Sharkey played 9 times in one week.

I mean, why the limitations? The amount of music out there runs into hundreds of million recordings.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's probably easier to account for the royalties when they have a set playlist and set number of plays.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
There seems to be so many radio stations who play the same stuff over and over. Fortunately there are a lot of stations to choose from especially if you can listen online.
I tend to listen to certain progs on certain stations rather than one station all day.
If you are out and about I think it's better to have your own music with you.

I was also reading that there is so much compression on Cd's now and everyone is trying to make their songs louder on radio.

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Was on the way to leeds this morning, Switched to Galaxy 102 to see what was on.. seems they have changed their mind again and changed the dj.. chris moyles now does it.. but hes on Galaxy 105 Yorkshire .. maybe its cut backs??

I know its much cheaper for the dj's to play music of the dead than it is the living... so maybe this is the case slightly on other radio stations.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Now I have a DAB radio my choice has been expanded. :D