can this be possible

My Satellite Setup
dish tv of zee in india. kaon reciver with small dish
My Location
maharahstra in india
i am in india and using dish tv.fortunatly i can edit tp's. Can anybody quote me fta channels list (freq,pol) so that i can enjoy them.Also want clarification from senior members ..IS IT POSSIBLE TO VIEW OTHER FTA THAT ARE NOT LISTED IN DISH SINCE I CAN EDIT TP.PLZ TELL FREQ OF THEM AND SAT. TOO.

member91040

My Satellite Setup
DISH TV,DIRECT DD+,
TATA SKY,HATHWAY,
NOKIA 9660S,
PCI SAT CARD TWINHAN NSS6, PAS7/10, ASIASAT3S, INSAT,INETEL SAT, EUROSTAR, DremBox, & Multi LNB'S
My Location
INDIA
Welcome Pramodborse, Yes you can able to view other FTA Channels, For that you must tune your dish to other sat to catch them all. Refer our old threads and posts and satco, you will find the what you want.

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Pune (Latitude: 18° 28'N, Longitude: 73° 52'E), Maharashtra, India
You are lucky that you are able to edit TPs and use your dish TV stb as FTA receiver. One advice from me is never do factory reset while you are tuned to NSS6 satellite. As I read from some of the posts that it will upgrade your receiver software and you won't be able edit TPs anymore.

Yes, you should be able to catch some south beam FTA channels from ABS-1 satellite. I've successfully tried it myself.

Some channels are also receivable from ST1, INTELSAT 7/10, Telstar 18, Eurobird2 etc...

It depends on your dish size. Please refer lyngsat.com to get more details on the channels receivable from these sattelites

Please let us know if you are able to find some other satellites.

Happy hunting.

My Satellite Setup
dish tv of zee in india. kaon reciver with small dish
My Location
maharahstra in india
hi
please tel in detail how u track that abs-1
as i tried them but can,t getting .i am very near to pune
please call me if possible
It is not wise to post your telephone number

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
curious said:
You are lucky that you are able to edit TPs and use your dish TV stb as FTA receiver. One advice from me is never do factory reset while you are tuned to NSS6 satellite. As I read from some of the posts that it will upgrade your receiver software and you won't be able edit TPs anymore.
Never do a reset full stop - the info is loaded into the receiver memory chips before being triggered. So even if the dish wasnt aligned to NSS6 you could theoretically break the add channels facility by doing a reset!

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location

curious

My Satellite Setup
DishTV Zenega CD1006,
Airtel digital TV
My Location
Analoguesat said:
Never do a reset full stop - the info is loaded into the receiver memory chips before being triggered. So even if the dish wasnt aligned to NSS6 you could theoretically break the add channels facility by doing a reset!
I thought, when we do factory reset, the software upgradation must be happening OTA (over the air). I did not know that, the receiver downloads the new software on to the memory chip and keeps it ready for installation. Thanks for the info.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Curious - I am working on the assumption that the system used is similar to the system used here in the UK with Sky UK. As far as I am aware not all the datastreams are for all the boxes are transmitted 24/7. So any upgrade is cached first to ensure the software is valid, then triggered from the internal flash chips.

I amy be wrong, if anyone has any definite data then please let us know!