Can U identify my New Receiver?

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
I totally new to the SAT game and purchased this receiver on the spare of the moment while working in Dubai.

the instruction manual looks pretty basic but worst of all I havent been able to find the manufacturer on the internet to get hold of a better manual. The only 2 Sat mags I have dont list a Spark Receiver.

I have included a picture in the hope that some one might recognise it as another brand .. maybe??

I only want to watch motorsport , rugby, a little mature content and the usual BBC stuff. My local TV reception is rubbish (Wigan UK ) and I dont want to pay for SKY.
I'm not sure but figured an this dish kit should fit my needs -- It includes: 88cm Triax dish, wall bracket, Moteck Digipower SG 2100 DiseqC 1.2 Motor, Samsung 0.6 universal LNB , 20 mt full installation kit .Price: £ 134.99

is it really necessary to purchase a signal meter and positioner to set up a dish? the receiver seems to have both these build in ?

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Had a look at your box....VERY NICE...

Will do more than most, has built in Magic Cam, must say I never came across that make before, but at that prise you can't go wrong.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Could be anything

A picture of the rear panel, internals and maybe screenshots are the only way

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
Hi Razor
well at least something I brought in Dubai was good then and yes it does actually appear to work as well.( well the menu at least )
Just to put you in the picture the reciever cost £98 and every man and his dog sell's this receiver in Dubai.

But back to basics
do you think the motorrised dish kit i mentioned earlier will be good enough to receive a little motorsport,rugby etc...... I was thinking £135 was a pretty good price for the whole thing --my self wat do u think?
I'm sure my girl will flip when she actually discovers how big 88cm really is.... so thought I might have to think about one of those see thru dishes ...but were thinking they might look better than they work??
Back to the meters etc...I was working on the theory of set and forget... the dish that is!! Is it realistic to think you can set them up just using the receivers signal strength display and positioning capability or am I way off base here?

thanks from a dazed and confused newbie

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
Channel Hopper said:
Could be anything

A picture of the rear panel, internals and maybe screenshots are the only way
I was a tech once so arent shy to pull things to bits....I'm sure that warrenty expired the moment I left Dubai air space anyway!!!!
Heres the Pic's you ordered can you make her out??

I have a technical spec's and a few more pic's but I was only allowed to upload 5 pic's
do your best!!!
thanks 4 your help

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Kiwi_ferg said:
I was a tech once so arent shy to pull things to bits....I'm sure that warrenty expired the moment I left Dubai air space anyway!!!!
Heres the Pic's you ordered can you make her out??

I have a technical spec's and a few more pic's but I was only allowed to upload 5 pic's
do your best!!!
thanks 4 your help

Well looking at the rear panel I think it could be manufactured by Kaon...post me some more info such as on screen menu's.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
You Said......
I'm not sure but figured an this dish kit should fit my needs -- It includes: 88cm Triax dish, wall bracket, Moteck Digipower SG 2100 DiseqC 1.2 Motor, Samsung 0.6 universal LNB , 20 mt full installation kit .Price: £ 134.99

Setting this system up is not for a novice.....If you get your local sat shop to do this for you........You will have a very good System, one thing .....you may need a bigger dish to really get the best out of it.

silvernet

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
UK
Looks like a Kaon to me as well, could be wrong, just shows how much we are ripped off in the UK.... £98.00 = Bargain...

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
silvernet said:
Looks like a Kaon to me as well, could be wrong, just shows how much we are ripped off in the UK.... £98.00 = Bargain...

Yep your right there m8...it would probably cost around the £200.00 mark!..It does appear to look like it has a very simular chassis as my STB, thats made by Kaon!

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
here's some screen shots to narrow things down abit

now back to the dish bits -- is Wigan so bad for reception ?
Cant say I want to miss out on any interesting air waves but I could imagine me better half directing a few of her own at me for suggesting a large dish. -- you can only fool them so such with sizes guys !!!
About how much do you think I'd lose out on if I only had 88cm?

thanks 4 yar help!

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
can anyone tell me where I could download a manual for a 'Kaon'?
I have done a quick web search and come up with nothing!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Get your system up and running, even with an 88cm dish and we will help you get the most out of it.

All the info you need is on this board.

Kiwi_ferg

Reaction score
Razor said:
Get your system up and running, even with an 88cm dish and we will help you get the most out of it.

All the info you need is on this board.

Cheers did that 88cm dish and motor sound ok ... I've read different views on the motor - good/bad ??

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Read your first post again....All sounds fine.