Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
I like having and seeing photos of other peoples stuff on here, and i also add my own, but i have to do a long arduous process of making the images smaller via piant. Could you up the image size specs to 500kb? This would make it easier for everyone. Thanks. Alex

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
We lowered it from that size, as it was becoming ridiculous for people with only dialup, same reason we don't like hot linking to off site images, as people tend to use much larger image sizes than are necessary and even with broadband, they can take an age to load, crippling some threads for non-broadband users.

150KB should be enough for a good quality image and if you want to provide someone with a better quality one, you can always zip and attach. I have now upped it to 250KB for a little extra definition though. :)

Get yourself a little program called irfanview, it is a free and very good graphics tool, will resize images very quickly. :)

PS. Moved this to Feedback, as it is not a forum access or membership problem.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's Ok, but we'd rather people didn't do it, particularly as it is very easy to attach an image to a post and the image is then actually seen, but as a fast loading thumbnail, giving the thread a better appearance and the reader the choice of whether to open the full image or not.

Images stored on image servers like image shack can be moved or deleted (purposefully or accidentally) from the server and then we are left with pictorial threads having no pictures and dead links. There is also a problem with the sizes of these images, as people very often load huge images and the forum software then has to downsize them every time the page is loaded, as our members on narrowband really struggle with large pictures.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
Just get yourself a freeware program called 'PIXresizer' It takes a matter of seconds to resize your photos,you can do one at once or a whole folder at once,easy.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for that Oily, what a superb little tool, just tried it with my latest folder of 30 photos and it did all of them at once and then saved the results to a separate folder in a matter of seconds. :)

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe