Canal+ anti-piracy action in December

Status
Not open for further replies.
2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
In a meeting organised by SES, Wil Moerer (one of the directors of Canal+) announced two interesting things:

(a) he wants satellite dealers to start informing on other dealers that deal in pirate cards (this prompted some angry reactions from the floor)

(:cool: they expect to implement an unspecified technical fix in december/2000 which will knock out most of the pirate seca/mediaguard cards.

For those that can read Dutch, full post here:
http://www.sat4all.com/board/Forum1/HTML/000479.html

2old

D

degeuje

HI
Key of C+ package (seca/mediaguard)have been changed yesterday and my card can't be updated for the next month (December), is this problem has a relation withe an antipiracy-action ? i heard that C+ groups use the ECM signal to wipe out cloned card. I found by searching that many society buy the anti-ECM card "combo-card" but with high price.is there another solution for this problem?

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Which kind of receiver are you using?
The recent aggressive ECMs only affected cards (erasing their memory) used in certain "official" C+ receivers with embedded CAMs. No CI receivers were affected.

2old

2old4this

2old4this

Honorary Admin
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Should be ok.
In any event, there are wafer software files available which are resistant to those ECMs (so you can simply reprogram your own wafer)
2old

S

sadik

My Location
great britain
I got a golden interstar 8001 receiver how to put the provider ID.

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.