Canal Digitaal Dish Size in ME

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
A friend of mine has a Dutch wife.
They would like to receive Canal Digitaal in the Middle East - Israel.
Which dish size is recommended to receive the transmission without problems all year round (except for the occassional rainy day).
FTA channels in the package like BVN TV are good indication if no official smartcard available.

_http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/canaldigitaal19.html

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Thanks. I was hoping for 1.8m max.
Perhaps someone living in the region can report his dish size.

jonnymaserati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 with Nabilo Black Hole, 2.0m motorised dish with DiSEqC controler and twin LNB.

Mac Mini with FireDTV S2 and Elgato EyeTV (currently not in use)

Sky+ HD box and subscription (currently not in use as card is in Dreambox).
My Location
Syria
i'm in damascus and can pick up BVN on hotbird 13E and seems i can get some of the RTL channels (i think on the L beam), but i don't currently have a CD+ card so can't vouch for them working... i have a 2.0 m dish (crappy local made one) but think you can pick these up here ok with a 1.8 m dish.

so would imagine that 1.8m would be ok in israel for these.

jonnymaserati

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM8000 with Nabilo Black Hole, 2.0m motorised dish with DiSEqC controler and twin LNB.

Mac Mini with FireDTV S2 and Elgato EyeTV (currently not in use)

Sky+ HD box and subscription (currently not in use as card is in Dreambox).
My Location
Syria
i'm in damascus and can pick up BVN on hotbird 13E and seems i can get some of the RTL channels (i think on the L beam), but i don't currently have a CD+ card so can't vouch for them working... i have a 2.0 m dish (crappy local made one) but think you can pick these up here ok with a 1.8 m dish.

so would imagine that 1.8m would be ok in israel for these.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Can't say for Israel, but for Tbilisi, Georgia, 1.6m gives you part of 1H, only in good weather. 2.4m delivers almost complete 1H, and some parts of 1L start to appear. 3 meter delivers 1H, a lot from 1L and some from 1KR.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
Can't say for Israel, but for Tbilisi, Georgia, 1.6m gives you part of 1H, only in good weather. 2.4m delivers almost complete 1H, and some parts of 1L start to appear. 3 meter delivers 1H, a lot from 1L and some from 1KR.