Canal Digitaal re-activation not working

Jethro.64

Jethro.64

My Satellite Setup
FortecStar IRCI-5400 (V3.21AL7BAR), Diseq H-H, 0.85 dish, 0.3LNB, DragonCam 4.01 (Predator 3.22)
My Location
Milton Keynes
Hi all,
(apologies for cross-posting but this problem may well be specific to the Dutch card)

I'm confused! I'm using a FortecStar with V3.21AL7BAR, and a Dragon Cam 4.01 with Predator 3.22. Back in November, I got a new Seca2 smartcard from the Dutch Canal Digitaal, which worked like a dream until a few days ago.

Once it's stopped I assumed it needed re-activating, which I did online on their site. The problem is: The activation does not seem to get through to the card!

I'm not sure what is hapenning, or what may be blocking it. I can send the card back to the supplier to activate for me in another setup, but I don't really want to be doing that very regularly.

Any suggestions? All ideas welcome!

Many thanks

B

Big L

My Satellite Setup
1.2Channel Master Dish
Echostar/Technomate Receivers
My Location
Southern UK
I was seriously thinking about getting a basic Dutch card TMf, RTL4 etc etc... When talking about this to the supplier they said that a proper Seca CAM was needed.
I was told not to use any other CAM. This was because that they (CANAL DIGITAAL)couldn't send out updates for the cards unless it was in a proper SECA CAM....
Hope that helps..?

cjgall

cjgall

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
Aston 1.05 and 1.07 both work, the 1.07 will probably work in the future as it has an upgradable firmware. There is also a CAM specifically for Canaldigitaal on the market which canaldigitaal guarantee will keep working. You can pick the latter up for about 65 euro's plus postage.

B

bikkel

My Satellite Setup
Satellite & computer
My Location
Holland
Hier wel OKÉ

E

ehzaz

My Location
Amsterdam
cjgall said:
Aston 1.05 and 1.07 both work, the 1.07 will probably work in the future as it has an upgradable firmware. There is also a CAM specifically for Canaldigitaal on the market which canaldigitaal guarantee will keep working. You can pick the latter up for about 65 euro's plus postage.
Hi,
Which cam is it? Because I have the same problem. I have a dragon 4.01 mounted in a topfield 4000PVR, running predator 3.22. Since two weeks ago no dutch channels. The dealers seem unwilling to help unless you buy from them. I would really appreciate some help from you guys.

cjgall

cjgall

My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
ehzaz said:
Hi,
Which cam is it? Because I have the same problem. I have a dragon 4.01 mounted in a topfield 4000PVR, running predator 3.22. Since two weeks ago no dutch channels. The dealers seem unwilling to help unless you buy from them. I would really appreciate some help from you guys.
Hi ehzaz,

Its the official CanalDigitaal MediaGuard CAM.

A couple of places selling them are:

digitalplanet
astrastat

I am in no way associated with the above mentioned online shops and cannot vouch for their reliability.

Alternatively you can use the Aston 1.07 which is what I use. The only thing I have noticed its that the now/next epg doesn't always load, or it takes ages on my topfield 4000pvr.

If you use two cams you might want to try removing the other cam or switching them round. I use a dragon and the aston 1.07 (canal Digitaal). The aston was always in the second slot until a couple of weeks ago when I stopped receiving the dutch channels. I removed the dragon and put the aston in the first slot. This brought the dutch channels back. I then put the dragon in the second slot and every thing was back to normal. It does seam to take a little longer than before to bring up the dutch channels though.

I will try my canal digitaal card in the dragon to see if I also have the same problem.

E

ehzaz

My Location
Amsterdam
cjgall said:
Hi ehzaz,

Its the official CanalDigitaal MediaGuard CAM.
Hi CJGALL
I looked at the site of cardwriters.nl and they advise not to use the official digitaal (mediacard) with topfield.

Thanks

E

ehzaz

My Location
Amsterdam
BTW I just saw an offer for an ASTON 1.05 on sat4all. Is it worth buying. The guy wants Euro30,0- for it.

thanks

cjgall

cjgall

My Satellite Setup
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
My Location
ehzaz said:
BTW I just saw an offer for an ASTON 1.05 on sat4all. Is it worth buying. The guy wants Euro30,0- for it.

thanks
The ASTON 1.05 is still working as far as I know. My brother-in-law has one and he hasn't mentioned any problems. Canal digitaal state on their website that the ASTON 1.03 doesn't work.

- ASTON 1.03 no longer works
- ASTON 1.05 as far as I know still works, firmware not upgradeble
- ASTON 1.07 still works, firmware is upgradable (OTA) so I hope this wone will keep on working
- Canal Digitaal MediaGuard CAM is garanteed to work now and in the future. has a region code so it only works with Dutch Canal Digitaal

As to if its worth 30 euro's, well you pay your money and take the risk. At some point it will probably stop working for canal digitaal, when that is is anyones guess. At the end of the day the Canal Digitaal MediaGuard CAM is the only 100% safe bet and if you shop around you can pick them up for as little as 53 euro's (Zwaan).