Canal Digitaal - total newbie needs help!!

Cloggie

Reaction score
Hi everybody I am a total newbie here and to satellite stuff too. I am looking for a little advice, (well ok a lot of advice, because all this is very new to me!). I'm trying to find the cheapest (I am on a budget!) way of viewing the Dutch Canal Digitaal package of channels to help me with my Dutch language learning. I was thinking of buying a second hand receiver if possible, all I know at the moment is that it has to have a Mediaguard cam and that's about the limit of my knowledge!. Also I would like to know where I would get a smart card from, I'm not looking for any of the film channels, just the basic stuff to help with me with language learning . . . any tips or links to point me in the right direction with this would be much appreciated, - thanks in advance.

>COR<

Reaction score
My Location
Sneek, HOLLAND
Hi,

There are several possebillety's

Get an reciever with the cam buildt in 2nd hand, till may next year the irdeto1 encryption can be seen with this on an funcard etc.

Get an 2nd hand reciever with Magic/Matrix Reloaded/Matrix Revolution cam or any other cam that can do seca2 and try to get hold of an subscription card for the basic subscription to get the standard package.

Cards can be bought in the UK too, but they are quite expensive, so option 1 looks to be the cheapest till the switch off in may next year, if the system then can also decode seca2 you can before the switchover try to get hold of an basic package suscription card.

Cheers,

Cor.

Cloggie

Reaction score
>COR< said:
Hi,

There are several possebillety's

Get an reciever with the cam buildt in 2nd hand, till may next year the irdeto1 encryption can be seen with this on an funcard etc.

Get an 2nd hand reciever with Magic/Matrix Reloaded/Matrix Revolution cam or any other cam that can do S*ca2 and try to get hold of an subscription card for the basic subscription to get the standard package.

Cards can be bought in the UK too, but they are quite expensive, so option 1 looks to be the cheapest till the switch off in may next year, if the system then can also decode S*ca2 you can before the switchover try to get hold of an basic package suscription card.

Cheers,

Cor.

Cor, many thanks for your help and the info, I will give this some thought and decide on the option I am going for.

dentista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
powerbox by octal tv
My Location
uk
hi there!! have got a friend who is looking for the same. He has got a Digit All world SFT2000. He already acess the canal digitaal but not all the channels. What can he do for acessing the rest?
Can new ke*s be enough (Irdeto I believe?) or he has to change the whole lot as mentioned before??
Thanks for the help, Dentista

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
which satellite will you get these off?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
kebabinho said:
Several transponders on 19E.
Check Lyngsat for which ones in particular.

Llew

dentista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
powerbox by octal tv
My Location
uk
i believe he gets the channels from astra 1!!!

cheers, dentista

kebabinho said:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
dentista said:
i believe he gets the channels from astra 1!!!

cheers, dentista
That's right - Astra1=19E

Llew

dentista

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
powerbox by octal tv
My Location
uk
yep. he tried the ke*s from Irdeto but nothing happened. Should i ask him what software he has got and if he uses any card???!!! (by the way what are the transponders??!!!)

thxs

Llew said:
That's right - Astra1=19E

Llew