Canal Digitaal with Digital 1200(M) CI

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Digital 1200 M CI with fixed dish
My Location
uk
Can anybody help please? - I have a Canal Digitaal card (Seca version), non subscription, just to view Ned 1, 2 and 3 and help me learn Dutch, given to me by a friend of a friend in Holland.

I also have a Digital 1200(M) CI receiver and a Seca V1.05 CAM but despite re-activating the card (it has been used before but not by me) from the Canal Digitaal website it still will not work - does anybody have any ideas?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Is it recognising the card in the Conditional Access menu?

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
rolfw said:
Is it recognising the card in the Conditional Access menu?

Well I guess so - it's certainly saying "Canal Digitaal", so I am guessing it must be picking up that info from the card.

A couple of other things I forgot to mention, not sure how relevant they are; When I activated the card from the Canal Digitaal site it said the activation signal had been sent (my Dutch is limited but I know that much) so assuming that means there is not a problem with the card unless that’s just a standard message?
Since I have had this receiver (about 2 years now) I have never been able to download updates for the software from the satellite . . .

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
There might be a recommended channel in the package that sends the activation code, so try to ask which channel you should be watching (black screen at first) until you see that your card has the renewal period extended.

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
HB13DISH said:
There might be a recommended channel in the package that sends the activation code, so try to ask which channel you should be watching (black screen at first) until you see that your card has the renewal period extended.

Well on the Canal Digitaal website it says put it on Nederland 1, which I did but nothing, left it on for about 6 hours last night . . . running out of ideas now :confused

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
tvsatman said:
Well on the Canal Digitaal website it says put it on Nederland 1, which I did but nothing, left it on for about 6 hours last night . . . running out of ideas now :confused

I am not familiar with your receiver. Can you give us a link so that I can see it's specification, especially with regards the CI encryption support.
If you have another receiver at home or at one of your friends, you can try it there.
Chip side on top. Right?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Shutdown your box, unplug the power cord, take out the smartcard, take out the CI CAM and inspect it for any physical damage.
Reinsret CI CAM and card with chip on top, plug in the power cord, leave on Ned 1 for sometime.
You can also try deleting the channels and then rescan using manual scan for the TP they are in.

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
HB13DISH said:
Shutdown your box, unplug the power cord, take out the smartcard, take out the CI CAM and inspect it for any physical damage.
Reinsret CI CAM and card with chip on top, plug in the power cord, leave on Ned 1 for sometime.
You can also try deleting the channels and then rescan using manual scan for the TP they are in.

OK, many thanks for that I will certainly give it a try . . . by the way here is info for the reciever;

_http://www.max-communication.de/software/chess/digi1200/Englisch%20Digital%201200%20CI.pdf

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Ok. Thanks for the URL link.
Edit the link to deactivate URL.
I see that there are two CI slots.
Have you tried the card in both slots with the same result?
Do you have another CI CAM and another card working (in Seca)?
If you do, then take out the second cam and the smart card and test the Canal Digitaal card.
(I have a receiver with two CAMs, but when I insert two different smartcards in Viaccess, only one of them works), usually the embedded.

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
HB13DISH said:
Ok. Thanks for the URL link.
Edit the link to deactivate URL.
I see that there are two CI slots.
Have you tried the card in both slots with the same result?
Do you have another CI CAM and another card working (in Seca)?
If you do, then take out the second cam and the smart card and test the Canal Digitaal card.
(I have a receiver with two CAMs, but when I insert two different smartcards in Viaccess, only one of them works), usually the embedded.

Unfortunately I don't have a another CAM and card, but I have tried both slots . . . going to try unplugging and the manual scan this evening, will report back :)

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
tvsatman said:
Unfortunately I don't have a another CAM and card, but I have tried both slots . . . going to try unplugging and the manual scan this evening, will report back :)

Tried that and still no luck :mad: . . . the reciever can see the CAM and also says it is Canal Digitaal but that's as far as it goes, Ned 1, 2 & 3 are still scrambled :mad:

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
tvsatman said:
Tried that and still no luck :mad: . . . the reciever can see the CAM and also says it is Canal Digitaal but that's as far as it goes, Ned 1, 2 & 3 are still scrambled :mad:

Sorry to heat that.
Perhaps the card is damaged. Try to get a new one if this is easy and not too expensive.
Another possibility is that the CAM is faulty.
Did you buy it new and did you open with it any other smartcards in the past?
Can you see the expiration dates (valid until) for example for the card?

tvsatman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
uk
HB13DISH said:
Sorry to heat that.
Perhaps the card is damaged. Try to get a new one if this is easy and not too expensive.
Another possibility is that the CAM is faulty.
Did you buy it new and did you open with it any other smartcards in the past?
Can you see the expiration dates (valid until) for example for the card?

I think the CAM is OK, the card I don't know and it does not have any visible expiration date. The card was given to me, but I have friends in Holland who can get me a new one if I decide to actually buy one (about £62 I believe), in the meantime its back to watching BVN to help my Dutch. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, much appreciated.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
tvsatman said:
I think the CAM is OK, the card I don't know and it does not have any visible expiration date. The card was given to me, but I have friends in Holland who can get me a new one if I decide to actually buy one (about £62 I believe), in the meantime its back to watching BVN to help my Dutch. Thanks for all your help and suggestions, much appreciated.

You are welcome. :)
I think it is a great idea to learn a foreign language using the satellite.
Unfortunately I haven't seen any courses for this purpose from any country. So we can just get our ears accustomed to the language from their channels and just let it creep into our heads.
I find BVN is such a boring channel with so much chit chat that can drive me crazy. But I have been making recordings to a Dutch lady who lives in Israel and it makes her feel happy and at home.

Anyway, If I had this chance to buy a smartcard, I wouldn't hesitate a moment.
When I was in Amsterdam few years ago, I bought a Teach Yourself couse (Book + 2 CD) and it was quite cheap and very helpful.
Amazon UK has it, if you are interested.

Jan Luc Piccard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No setup
My Location
Netherlands
For re-activation you need aston cam 1.07.
It doesn't work anymore with 1.05.
Once re-activated you can use the card in the 1.05 cam.