leemar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus 23E
ComagSL65 FTA 23E
Canal+FR 19E
My Location
Midlands
Hi all. New to the forum and just wondered if anyone had any advice or opinions on the following.

I've just bought a Sony Canal+ France box from Ebay. Also a Canal Plus France card which was described in the listing as "for collectors".

Both should be arriving next week. I am obviously going to connect the box to Astra 19E. I don't know what to expect from the card. Worst case it does nothing! Having read about the Canal Plus Holland FTA channels, it maybe the same with this card. The picture of the card shows white card with yellow and blue square design on which from the investigating I have done, looks like the most recent card.

Anyone any ideas about viewing Canal+ Holland and Spain as well? Feel free to email any comments if not appropriate for the forum Email address removed satellites.co.uk do not wish to accept any responsibilty for your Email address being harvested by web/bot crawlers and therefore will actively remove any Email addresses posted on the open forum. If you want to leave your Email address fill in the appropriate section of your profile

Cheers

leemar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SkyPlus 23E
ComagSL65 FTA 23E
Canal+FR 19E
My Location
Midlands
The French Sat Box arrived but its not working. I am trying to find the official firmware for the box which is a Sony TS1A. I have googled it but nothing is out there. Even been to Sony site but it doesn't even recognise the model! Please help!!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Not really sure what you're asking.
What's not working?

If Sony don't have the firmware, then you may be out of luck. It may be on restricted distribution or a custom build for Canal. Why do you want to upgrade the firmware anyway?

Either the card works, or it doesn't. Frankly I would expect the latter based on where you sourced it. It's certainly not going to do any more than it was intended to.

It's pretty unlikely that you can mod the card, even if you know what you're doing.

Try the card, then flick it in the bin and catch some FTA if the box hasn't been crippled too much by the provider.

You're not going to get the moon-on-a-stick with it, otherwise we'd all be at it.

In the sat world, Sony are not synonymous with flexible and patchable boxes.

Don't want to sound negative, maybe you got a bargain, but don't expect too much.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I think this was the giveaway

Also a Canal Plus France card which was described in the listing as "for collectors".

which to me means its deactivated and doesnt work.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
leemar said:
The French Sat Box arrived but its not working.
you should at least get some EPG, if it's correctly aligned & working. Also, France uses SECAM, not PAL as the colour system. Can your display handle SECAM signals ?