Canal+ to change cards to Mediaguard 2

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Dec-01 AT 09:19 PM (GMT)]See the information on the following link.

http://www.projectxuk.f2s.com/index.htm

Rolf

PS I think they're starting with Italy.

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
If they change canal France to Mediaguard 2. They will have to give free cams to compensate those who do not have mediaguard.

Dinu

Reaction score
Now the classic questions. :) Does mediaguard 2 work with existent cams? (Aston 1.03 or 1.05). Second: Is it cracked? third: If so does it work with goldwaffer?

Regards
Dinu

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
no-one knows yet...

incidentally, since Astoncrypt is not Mediaguard (it is merely an emulation of Mediaguard), the Mediaguard providers are under no obligation whatsoever to ensure that those CAMs continue to work.
In fact, Canal+ doesn't want those CAMs used at all, since they want their subscribers to purchase their own Mediasat boxes with embedded real-Mediaguard CAMs.
And let's be under no illusions - it wouldn't be the first time Canal+ imposed a technology change which rendered even legal subscribers' equipment useless. In fact it would be the fifth time so far.

2old

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Better not cancel my Sky movies subscription yet then. :)

Rolf

Dinu

Reaction score
Darn! This really sound awfull!! This will render my cams useless! Is there any workaround this one? When do they plan to do it? Will the french channels continue to use viaacess? Is this official or just roumours? This is really spooky!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It's just wait and see Dinu, nearly all of the questions you've asked are as yet unanswered. apart from when they hope to make the change, according to various articles. around April next year.

rolf

Dinu

Reaction score
Doesn't sound very nice anyhow! :( I just hope that would not be drastic, meaning that this will be hacked fast. :) And I also hope they will have a handfull of legal trouble on their hands. :D Where can I ind an official anouncement on this issue?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I'm not sure that there has been an official announcement Dinu, might be worth looking on the Canal+ site though.

Rolf

Dinu

Reaction score
The idea is that I keep hearing roumours of Seca2 for 2 years now. It may be just a hoax meant to bring down Aston sales and impicitly piracy! Or it might just be the real thing and then we are in trouble! On the http://www.canalpus.fr I found nothing about it! Another thing is I noticed a radical price increase on Aston 1.05!! I wonder why?? And how this fits with the new change??

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Hi-Sat still have 1.05 at UKL72.00, but are out of stock until thrid week in December.

Maybe its just a stock shortage which is pushing prices up.

Regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There is no doubt at all that Canal+ are swapping cards. They have already started in Italy.
It's been announced in the Dutch satellite press, and various others across Europe.
The only thing in doubt is the precise timing and the order in which they will tackle their markets. Italy was the first as there was the greatest problem with piracy. Holland was one of the last, somewhere (according to latest estimates) in the latter part of 2002. France, Spain, Poland, and others somewhere in 2002.

2old

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello OM

From your vast experience; do you expect the new version of Seca to be hacked fairly quickly for use with Aston type Cams, or is there something different this time?

Just your gut feeling!

Regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
I expect
(a) it will work with Aston CAMs 104+ if not 100-103
(:cool: it will be hacked within 6 months

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 12-Dec-01 AT 09:06 PM (GMT)]Did I put a good comment? I notice I have 4points to my credit. What does this mean?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The ratings are awarded by other forum members Shahid, it may be because you provided some useful information or because generally someone feels that your posts are contributing to the success of the forum, or even perhaps that you took time to reply to someone when nobody else did.

Rolf

Dinu

Reaction score
It feels much better now! :) If it is done in 6 months (the hacking) by the time they move the duch channels to the new system it will allrady hacked! :D Keep my fingers crossed!

C

chicko1978

I don't know if this is true but I read in an Italian forum that from Italien Telepiu the new system will not be compatible with the ASTON!
I repeat I'm not sure about it but for those of you who understand Italien I will post the link as soon as I know where it was!!

Dinu

Reaction score
Tinking of italian channels Stream is not Canal+ and it is using mediaguard! What about them? ABsat also it is using seca but I'm not sure if they are part of C+.... Maybe we still have some bits left if the worst happends....