cannot get epg to work fortec star passion +

bibbys0

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion+
My Location
uk
Hi I am banging my head against a brick wall or seem to be and hope someone may be able to help as i have read all posts and tried everything and nothing seems to work

the receiver is fully upto date with latest firmware and have logical channel number set to off and 7 day epg on now here is the problem
if i do a factory setting and then do a freeview scan i get the 7 day epg but do not get bbc hd ,bbc1 hd, ch4 hd ect

I then add the channels via manual scan and as soon as i add the channels the epg no longer works.
I then took a look around the site and downloaded a channel list .I then factory reset the receiver and checked the epg and sure enough it was back, then i did a chanel restore to the ones containing the hd channels I i got from this forum) the channels were all there icluding the hd ones and yes you guessed no epg so i am at a loss
Hopeing someone may be able to help before i go completely insane :)

many thanks for taking time to read this and thanks in advance for any suggestions

regards
steve

Yorkie1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
fortec star passion
My Location
Yorkshire
I'm having same problems Steve . Got the list off this forum to work but after a day or so have lost ITV HD 'No Signal'. Have contacted Fortec Star to see if they can sort.

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
bibbys0 said:
Hi I am banging my head against a brick wall or seem to be and hope someone may be able to help as i have read all posts and tried everything and nothing seems to work

the receiver is fully upto date with latest firmware and have logical channel number set to off and 7 day epg on now here is the problem
if i do a factory setting and then do a freeview scan i get the 7 day epg but do not get bbc hd ,bbc1 hd, ch4 hd ect

I then add the channels via manual scan and as soon as i add the channels the epg no longer works.
I then took a look around the site and downloaded a channel list .I then factory reset the receiver and checked the epg and sure enough it was back, then i did a chanel restore to the ones containing the hd channels I i got from this forum) the channels were all there icluding the hd ones and yes you guessed no epg so i am at a loss
Hopeing someone may be able to help before i go completely insane :)

many thanks for taking time to read this and thanks in advance for any suggestions

regards
steve

I think your problem may be because of the your 'setting up' sequence. Try it this way exactly :-

1. Factory Reset - using UK & FreeSAT options. This loads the current Fortec Star channel list which is NOT up to date with official Freesat list (& frequencies)
  2. In Menu, Set Logical Channel No to OFF, and 7-day EPG to On
  3. Upload my Channel List from USB
  4. Do a Channel Backup (not absolutely necessary but it does save it in case you accidentally mess Channel List up)
  5. Go into EPG (or put into Standby) for at least 4 minutes
Hopefully that should do the trick

briangw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax HDR1000
Samsung 40" TV
FS Passion+160Gb
Samsung 22" TV
Humax Foxsat
Hannspree 22" HDMI
1.8m Prodelin offset
Triax Cascade System
with 19 Apartments
My Location
Los Lobos, SE Spain (Lat: 37.3087° Long: -1.7647°)
I dont think a lot of people realise this, but the following is one of the most critical factors in making the 'freesat' EPG work correctly :-

• On the FS Passion/Innovation range you must have at least 1 channel in your channel list from 11426H for the EPG to function correctly
If you do not, then the logic behind the FS EPG firmware fails. Since the original 'red button' ITV1 HD has been removed, and Men & Movies has changed frequency, there are now no TV channels on 11426H at all (see KingOfSat). This is why on my channel list, I have manually edited (using SetEditPassion) the Freesat Info radio channel with a dummy VPID to force it into the TV list. If you have no channels in the TV list, but you have either Freesat Info or Radio Caroline in your Radio List, switch to Radio and go into the EPG. Watch what happens - the EPG will fill up. You could continue to update the EPG like this by every day repeating this operation for at least 4 minutes to completely fill the EPG. If you have either ITV1 HD or Men&MOvies on 11426H, even though they dont work, leave them there to ensure EPG success.

This EPG bug has been reported to FS Tech Support.

gregjohn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Innovation HD
My Location
England
I've been tearing my hair out for months with the epg issue. I added Radio Caroline last night and it's working perfectly. I contacted Fortec Star support and they did try to help, but after trying a few things they suggested they just stopped replying. So I gave up.

Thanks again

Greg:)