Can't action another recording despite it being twin tuner..

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Anybody else had this issue creep in out the blue? The missus is recording Broadchurch on STV HD on 28E she tried to action another recording on 28E, at the same time Broadchurch is on but again as said its a twin tuner receiver and both programs are on 28E this should not be a problem. Instead we get a message saying there's a conflicting recording, a mind this happened to a mate of mine on the forums, was convinced it was the Vix image at the time for that particular receiver he had. Mental it is making me.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
So, let's be clear: As she's trying to make two recordings, presumably she's also watching something else?

In which case, conflicts can arise unless the third channel is on the same flavour of Transponder as one of the two being recorded.(ie Low V, Low H, High V, High H)

Get this from time to time with my Humax HDR.

Last edited:
A

Archive-8

On my vu box, I have a 5 minute overlap.

2 minutes before a recording and 3 minutes after, this can cause the same issue.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
On my vu box, I have a 5 minute overlap.

2 minutes before a recording and 3 minutes after, this can cause the same issue.

Yes, sometimes the clash resolves itself if the overlap is short.

A

Archive-8

It can cause a clash, with the programs I have setup in the auto time plugin.

Like @Lazarus says it can resolve its self most times.

The other thing is how do you have your tuners configured? That may also cause a problem.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm motorised Inverto dish with Dark Motor full metal gears, Xtrend 9500HD, Amiko Alien 2+, Amiko Alien 8900, Moded Zone 2 dish with multi LNB goodness! 50 inch full HD LCD and loads of other stuff! lol
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Just to make it 100% crystal for yous chaps so you can in turn maybe shed some wisdom, I think the box was sitting on STV HD with the broadchurch recording being setup about 20 mins before, her intention was to change the channel before this started obviously so she wasn't watching the series conclusion, but while there was 8 or so minutes still to go before this program came on she had the "short epg" onscreen and decided to set up a recording on another channel that was on at the same time as broadchurch (i.e. 9pm) but upon pressing green to save she was presented with the "tuner sanity conflict " page........ Nowt was recording as she was doing this......annoying as f#ck because its stomped me as I tried to intervene to see what was going on.

A

Archive-8

Just to make it 100% crystal for yous chaps so you can in turn maybe shed some wisdom, I think the box was sitting on STV HD with the broadchurch recording being setup about 20 mins before, her intention was to change the channel before this started obviously so she wasn't watching the series conclusion, but while there was 8 or so minutes still to go before this program came on she had the "short epg" onscreen and decided to set up a recording on another channel that was on at the same time as broadchurch (i.e. 9pm) but upon pressing green to save she was presented with the "tuner sanity conflict " page........ Nowt was recording as she was doing this......annoying as f#ck because its stomped me as I tried to intervene to see what was going on.

The tuner sanity issue sounds to me like an over lap of the recording times.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The tuner sanity issue sounds to me like an over lap of the recording times.

And/or an issue with the flavour of TP the screen was showing.

Nothing wrong with box, nothing wrong with image -just trying to squeeze a quart of Heavy out of a wee tinny.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
See because "her" broadchurch recording is on I dare not "f#ck about" at the moment as I don't want it to go to shit, but stuff like this niggles the very soul in me, the Xtrend has been totally flawless in its performance for more then a year now, even the missus remarks at how its better than the $ky HD box was in its recording duties and the like.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Whoever programmed that can't spell "behaviour"!

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Yeah, been in there Chris, "Fannyballs" (The missus) was moaning about the overlap protection before so I shortened down from what yours is showing which I believe was/is the default values on the Vix image.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
Well just tried to replicate this error message but surprise surprise, all is fine according to the HAL 9000 this time round............Grrrrrrr!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I gave the wife her own recorder/satellite system so she wouldn't go near mine.

Problem solved. I put up with earache only when it comes to deleting when the disc is full and she hasn't bothered / can't recall watching 90% of what's on there.

Ghostleader

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glasgow,ish!
... I put up with earache only when it comes to deleting when the disc is full and she hasn't bothered / can't recall watching 90% of what's on there.

Lol, sounds familiar!