Can't get 28 east + Turksat

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
I can watch 1 west, 5 east, 13 east, 16 east, 19 east...but I can't watch 28 east. I know that most of it is Sky Digital, but there's still some FTA channels and radio on. But everytime my dish (1,2 channelmaster with stabhh120) turns to this satellite, there's no signal. Why? The same problem occurs with Turksat.
There's no buildings or anything else in visible sight, which should block for the signal.
Anyone else with same problem?
My receiver is a GBSat 2CI 0.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could well be that the declination needs adjusting, if your arc is not dropping low enough, or dropping too low, then you will have difficulty with these Eastern birds, what are the extreme west ones like?

Rolf

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Take a look at the following thread:

http://www.satellites.co.uk/scripts/webforum/DCForumID3/120.html

wolsty

dockerslund26

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
uh::no
Thanx for your replies.
Unfortunately I can't receive any of the extreme western ones...because the external wall is in its way.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, that being the case, all you have to do is go to the 28.2 satellite, set onto a FTA channel and try tipping the dish lower or higher to see if you can pull in a signal, if you can then you'll need to make the appropriate adjustments. Bear in mind also that by the time you get round to 45E, the elevation is probably below 20 degrees.

Rolf