Can't get a definite answer. Wavefrontier T 90

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
I was looking at the Wavefrontier T 90. They say you can have upto 16 lnb's but the received signal will not be good on all. The dish design appears to be good and the suposed extra signal received means you can have a 90cm dish within planning regulations. I asked if it could be fitted with one lnb and an h to h motor. No is the simple answer but no one is able to say why except "Its designed for static mounting" OK, its designed for static mounting but is it a case of configuring a bracket to take a motor or a case of one lnb and automatic repositioning not be effective as a normal dish. Maybe I could be the first to have a motorised Wavefrontier T 90. Any views but if technical make understandable to newbies like me.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Waste mounting a motor on a T90, why would you ever want to do that? It's designed for a fixed install, if you want motor you buy another dish that is designed for motorization.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Agree with Likvid, the money you spend on the T90 could buy yourself a pretty much top of the range 90cm dish and LNB which would out perform the T90 by quite some degree, it is also very heavy for motor mounting.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
rolfw said:
Agree with Likvid, the money you spend on the T90 could buy yourself a pretty much top of the range 90cm dish and LNB which would out perform the T90 by quite some degree, it is also very heavy for motor mounting.
Now I am getting confused. I read the T90 gave a better performance than an ordinary 90cm dish. Therefore if i got the performance of a usual 1.2M dish on a T90 it would save me bothering and paying for planning permission. I know its dearer and an H to H motor is powerfull enough for the weight.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
On a single satellite, the T90 will not in my opinion perform any better than a standard 90cm dish, it is in no way equivalent to a 1,2 metre dish. It only out performs a standard dish when considering the multisat potential.

PS. I believe that they are also bigger than 90cm on the width measurement.

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Southern England
rolfw said:
On a single satellite, the T90 will not in my opinion perform any better than a standard 90cm dish, it is in no way equivalent to a 1,2 metre dish. It only out performs a standard dish when considering the multisat potential.

PS. I believe that they are also bigger than 90cm on the width measurement.
Thanks for the info. I apprecaite it very much and it will save me lots of money. Maybe I will settle for the Channel master 1.2. Is thre that much difference in pickup between a 90cm and a 1.2?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes huge, the Channel Master 1.2 is a superb dish, probably the best domestic use dish at the size.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I had the T90 and all i can say that it's not performing like a good 90cm dish, i would say it performs more like a 80cm dish. And it's heavy due to the steel in everything on the dish. Channel Master is a excellent choice, buy the 1.2M and you will be happy for many years.