can't get art channels on hotbird...

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
str8 frum da wesside innit?
hi all...

i'm wondering why i can't get any art sport on my setup, i get at least 80% on all other transponders...??? using a 1m dish and 0.3dB lnb...

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
is it that you cant find those transponders in a scan, or you're having trouble locking on to a good signal? i find the art ones tricky little devils, i basically had to align to them specifically, and everything else fell into place eventually.

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar2 pci skystar usb + porty lidl camping dish maybe one day i'll have a dreambox 500s...
My Location
yeah right
but how come that transponder is the only one giving grief?? i mean i've got moreless 40% on it and never less than 90% on all the rest...??

so you reckon if i manage to get the old bastard i won't loose the other transp?

btw what's the score with the encryption of art? open or not?;)

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
bid0n said:
yeah right
but how come that transponder is the only one giving grief?? i mean i've got moreless 40% on it and never less than 90% on all the rest...??

so you reckon if i manage to get the old bastard i won't loose the other transp?

btw what's the score with the encryption of art? open or not?;)

''You can open almost everything with card share m8'' sort of leaves the rest behind and out of date.

Regards Satdude. :-beer

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
hmmm... i thought card sharing was some obscure and dangerous ting to do...

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
would you like to share some of your knowledge on the subject with me?

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
bid0n said:
yeah right
but how come that transponder is the only one giving grief?? i mean i've got moreless 40% on it and never less than 90% on all the rest...?)

I know of two people in W London that have similar problems, perfect signals on everything exept that transponder.

Both have different equipment, the second had a replacement dish, LNB and receiver, peaked on the satellite with a spectrum analyser, and still it drops out when the weather turns cloudy.

Whereabouts are you ?

kamaleon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
give or take 44N, 4.5E :D