Can't get Nilesat on my Dreambox!!

naelamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Nilesat + Hotbird with a dreambox 500s connected to my LAN.
My Location
UAE/Abu Dhabi
Hello Guys,

I have problem since I brought my Dreambox 500s which I cant solve for 2 weeks now.
I have Nilesat disque1 and Hotbird disque2, this is how it was set at my old MAX1000 receiver and works perfectly.

Now with my new dreambox I tried to set Nilesat on AA, AB, BA, BB but no luck, but the strange thing is when I set it on AA which must be disque1 as it was set at my old reveiver all what i get is couple of indian channels (zee TV) I wonder why!! and when I set it to AB I get some of the Hotbird channels since disque2 was my hotbird.

Now, how can I get the Nilesat channels, I tried all options!! What am I missing, even technical ppl are running from me when Im explain to them :confused

I tried many Images but still same, now Im using PLi the latest.
I tried my dreambox at my friends house, caught the nilesat directly :( I tried my old receiver at my old place, nilesat is there.
Must be some option Im missing or need to be set
Help pls :(

Pistol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sting 200
My Location
Iraq
I have an all most identicle problem.....if you find a fix would you be kind enough to let me know.

Pistol

naelamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE/Abu Dhabi
I noticed lately that the BER is high when I choose Nilesat Sat while its 0 when I choose Hotbird which maybe causing the problem, but again the question why its working with my other receivers!!

Pistol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sting 200
My Location
Iraq
Yes...i have the same prob....i have another receiver (not a dreambox)which can receive all the hotbird and nilesat channels but not with the 500S. If you are getting all the hotbird channels can you tell me how you setup hotbird. I would like to try the same settings here.

Thanks

Pistol

naelamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE/Abu Dhabi
I did nothing for the hotbird i Just set it on B/B sat number 4, u need to try all of them A/A, A/B, B/A, B/B depends on the installation of ur sattellite.

Did u solve ur nilesat yet?!!

Pistol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sting 200
My Location
Iraq
naelamer said:
I did nothing for the hotbird i Just set it on B/B sat number 4, u need to try all of them A/A, A/B, B/A, B/B depends on the installation of ur sattellite.

Did u solve ur nilesat yet?!!

Yes...I have now got it running on nilesat and hotbird but i still have weak signal in some parts of the frequency band. When i get more time i will do some trials to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Pistol :-doh2

naelamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UAE/Abu Dhabi
how did u solve it!! pls let me know im still stuck!! is it some configurations or u installed a new software!! :-rofl2

ITS A SCAM !

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Oscam Debian dedicated server
Sempron 3000+ 1.5gb ram
Omnikey 3121 USB reader
Smargo Smartreader+
Technomate TM-600 pvr
Technomate TM-2300 Super
85cm Dish 0.1 lnb
Dreambox DM500s Clone
Spiderbox HD7000
My Location
United Kingdom
Maybe its the receiver on the DM500s ?? I use a Dm500s as well as a Skystar HD PCI card. My PCI card will pick up loads more channels than the Dreambox DM500s. There must be a difference in build quality, as the price of the Skystar HD card is almost double the price of My DM500s.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dreamboxes dont have particularly sensitive tuners. And many of the clones are pretty poor quality to begin with.